cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Triggers future terminations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day

We are in the process of implementing HR Triggers to delimit users. We are having the challenge though that when the request is created, it is not putting the start date of BEGDA into the request as "valid to". The config looks fine as the request is getting created, how do ensure that the BEDGA date is going to get pulled through to the request as valid to?

On SPRO i removed the dates when maintaining the systems as I think that this date is static and will always be the same so i removed them.

Please advise on how I can achieve pulling through the BEDGA into the request

Thanks

Sibonelo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The systems are now populating on the access request. I used our Sandbox system to test with.

The sandbox is on SP14 and the Plug-in HR system is on SP14.

When the action is changed, the request does get generated with the systems populated.

Although the systems are now appearing, the valid to date of the user is not the same as the BEGDA start date. Is there anyone who knows what can be applied to allow the date to be pulled through from HR?

Kind Regards

Sibonelo

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sibonelo,

It seems that your query is not clear. May you please try to rephrase it?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal

The requirement is that our access request for HR Triggers should pull the date from the start date of the action type (BEGDA) and populate that date as the valid to on the access request.

E.g User x is resigned and the start date of the termination record is 12.07.2016

The access request that is then created should reflect 12.07.2016 as the valid to for the user when provisioning.

Kind Regards

Sibonelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sibonelo,

Kindly check if the below KBA helps.

2224539 - HR Trigger - Difficulties Passing the Effective Date for User termination in AC 10

Regards,

Manju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunath

Thank you for the not although we have looked at it and the request is still showing 31.12.9999 as the valid to instead of the entry made on the HR record.

Kind Regards

Sibonelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sibonelo,

I have not heard anything about the Note 1999133 - HR Trigger is not capturing the termination date as end date as suggested in my previous reply.

Have you tried to implement the corrections as suggested in the Note?

Regards,

Manju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunath

We have looked at the note and have implemented the suggestions but we are still facing the same issue.

Kind Regards

Sibonelo

former_member82556
Participant
0 Kudos

I haven't tested it, but have you tried to add "Delete user" in the request type action? (IMG->Governance, Risk and Compliance->Access Control->User Provisioning->Define Request Type)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salim

When you add the delete user as the request type, the dates automatically do not appear on the access request anymore. We need the dates on the access to match the termination HR record date.

I have also tried mapping the valid to field (GLLTGB) to BEGDA on the Connector actions on SPRO (number 5), it still does not work.

Kind Regards

Sibonelo

former_member82556
Participant
0 Kudos

The end date is the AEDTM field from 0000, can you share your SLG1 logs? 

*Also you might want to try reviewing the below article, and use function GRAC_HR_TRIGGER_EVENT_RECEIVER to test/debug this. 

Debugging HR Trigger - GRAC_HR_TRIGGER_EVENT_RECIEVER - Governance, Risk and Compliance - SCN Wiki

Message was edited by: Salim Assaf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salim

The start date of the record is BEDGA. My access should have the same date as the below field.

I will view the article in the meantime and check how I can debug the issue.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Sibonelo

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sibonelo,

Is it possible to share the Decision Table entries here?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal

Please see decision table entries below;

Connector:           THQ****  (HR system)

Parent_type:         0000

Sub_type:              ...

Field_Name:         MASSN

Old_Field_Value:   not initial

New_Field_Value: Z0;Z3;Z5 (Termination action types)

Action ID:             CHG

The action ID has also been maintained in the SPRO configuration,

Kind Regards

Sibonelo

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sibonelo,

Thanks for sharing this.

Actually, I have configured my decision table and its details are attached below:

I tested this and it successfully created an Access Request. I noticed:

1. Role is added with 'Remove' Provisioning Action
  2. System is also added with 'Change User' Provisioning Action.
  3. Validity From (has original starting date) and To (has 31.12.9999) are editable

In my above table, I have not used 'MASSN' field specifically but it triggered the request. The only problem I saw was that the Validity From and To are editable. Now I have slightly changed my D Table and let me share with you the results.

Regards

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sibonelo,

Below is appended line item in my D Table.

Connector:           ABC****  (HR system)

Parent_type:         0000

Sub_type:              ...

Field_Name:         MASSN

Old_Field_Value:   ...

New_Field_Value: Leaving

Action ID:             TERM

This does create a request but with the same problem. The 'Validity To' date is still 31.12.9999 rather than the date of termination (in my case 13.6.2016).

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal

Correct. My decision table is creating an access request.

My issue is that my request has an end date of 31.12.9999 instead of the termination date set in HR.

Kind Regards

Sibonlo

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sibonelo,

Please check below link:

HR Triggers - Future Terminations | SCN

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sibonelo,

First of all you have not provided any details of your SP level.

Regarding your issue on future termination can you check if the action type "Change User" & "Lock User" has been associated with the corresponding Action_ID for Lock in maintain settings for HR triggers.

Also check the below Note

2100032 - UAM:Future termination and Future Hire are not working in HR triggers.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Manju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Manjunath

Our GRC system is currently on SP12. I however we have a sandbox that is on 10.1 that we tried to replicate the issue on. I have done the "change ID" config and linked it to an action ID. The request is getting created with all the systems that i have specified.

I did not maintain the "valid to" and "valid from" under systems on SPRO as my assumptions would be that those dates will be pulled in from the access request.

After terminating the user, on the actual access request the "valid to" date is still 31.12.9999 instead of pulling through the BEGDA date.

I'm not sure if I missed something in terms of linking BEGDA with the valid to field on the access request.

Regards

Sibo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sibonelo,

Kindly check the below SAP Notes

1999133 - HR Trigger is not capturing the termination date as end date

2100032 - UAM:Future termination and Future Hire are not working in HR triggers.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Manju