Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interview Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have one Interview Questions can anybody help me out to solve this

A manufacture company manufactures bulbs, It has give 10% discount on purchase of 100 bulbs each costing Rs100.

Customer orders for 100 bulbs, but when we check the stock there was only 50 bulbs,

Know how to give the discount.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi devi,

You can define different rules for determining the free goods quantity:

1) proportional (rule 1)

2) related to number of units (rule 2)

3) only for whole units (rule 3)

You grant 10 pieces of a material as exclusive free goods for an order of 100 pieces.

A customer orders 150 pieces.

Depending on the rule used, the customer receives the following free goods quantity:

Calculation rule Free goods quantity

Rule 1 15 pieces

Rule 2 10 pieces

Rule 3 0 pieces

You can enhance the rules for determining the free goods quantity with your own routines (Transaction VOFM in menu point Formulas).

<b>Delivery controlling</b>

For the delivery you can control whether the free goods are processed independently or whether they are only copied to the delivery for partial delivery or full delivery.

Hope it helps. Pl reward if useful.

Thanks,

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Sadhu,

I think its not free goods... its material discount... by percentage... pls clarify.. and read question carefully and if iam wrong pls correct it..

Regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

ramki,

yes, i read it as 100 % disc. Well, i go by ur answer to give the disc, incase the minimum order qty to give the disc is 100 bulbs.

thanks

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

if minimum order 100 for discount 10%... we can maintain in scales ... 0-100 nos 0% discount and 100 - above 10%..

where custmewr will get discount if he order 100 nos.. other no discount.

ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi DEVI,

100 nos is minimum order for discount??? r there is no minimum order for discount/... if 100 Nos is minimum u dont get discount... in sales order if you have 50 Nos stock.. if there is no minimum order you will get discount in sales order...

Hope this will solve ...

Ramki