cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Text not getting save

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

One of the user has entered additional line in material text in sales order change mode.after saving the order when he recheck the text was not saved.

but with another user ID he can able to save that text.

I would like to know why with his ID he cant able to enter the text? what are the factors need to check and what is the solution?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Tina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tina,

This seems to be missing authorization issue.

Ask the user to run transaction SU53 and send the screen to your Basis (Security) Team.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jignesh,

Thank you for reply,

we found that this is not an authorization issue but we understand from user that, user has restricted to number of character entered in text field so whatever additional text he will enter it will not get save.

Can you please tell how to restrict number of character or text field in sales order item?

Thanks,

Tina

former_member187236
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

That can be done with the help of ABAP, please ask your abap to do so, you can search for the relevant userexit or BADI/BAPI for that, give it to ABAPER with the functional specs...

Regards

Parag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

Thank you for your inputs,

after analysis we are found that Text is getting copied from Characteristics values maintained in sales order - Extras - configuration

and when user enter any additional text in sales order item text then after saving the order that additional text gets disappear.

So Now I would like to know is this standard behavior of the SAP? If no then what do i need to check

Thanks

Tina

former_member187236
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Tina,

I dont think that it is a standard behaviour of System, it except every input in text and get saved too.

Kindly check the config in VOTXN Text determination.

check it whether the procedure is mapped for item level or hader level....

If you have created any Z text id and then check its mapping.

after the making necessary changes, save it and create a new SO and then check it.

Meanwhile you can follow some text determination procedure docs too available on SCN

I am referring one good doc .

Regards

Parag.