cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Of Quantities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Where should be the BOQ needs to be entered in the SAP system , I have searched some links but wasn't able to get a proper answer . Our client is a construction company where before the project starts a BOQ is maintained to know the quantity of materials that needs to be used in the project , So the BOQ needs to maintained before the project starts and that needs to entered in the SAP system as a first step , is there any way to enter the BOQ , in the system i searched in CJ20n t-code but wasn't able to find the solution . Is there a  requirement for enhancement  needed so that a BOQ can be entered .

Regards ,

Rohan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

praveen_vanm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

Identify how many BOQ items are there. In that how many Service BOQ and how many Material BOQ. You can enter by using easy cost planning. As per your requirement prepare coding mask and check with the client at what level you need the BOQ items. For example if you are using 4 levels client want's  Boq items at 4th level then in ECP using costing form you can enter boq items at that level and you can also create PR for that boq items.

Hope it will be help full to you

Thanks

Praveen  

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

islam_el-shamy2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

the BoQ in SAP system is equivalent to BoS "Bill of Services " which is maintained in the SD documents such as inquiry,Quotation,Sales order .

maintaining the BoS is not related to creating the project .

you can plan cost on the BoS itesm using ECP.

once you awarded the contract you convert the quotation into Sales order and link it with the Project
here is a screen shoot of BoS screen in the sales documents .

Regards,
Islam El-Shamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Islam ,

Can u have a more detailed say about your suggestion .

Regards ,

Rohan

islam_el-shamy2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

you need to maintain the BOQ before the project starts so you can do this by maintaining the BOS of the quotation
1-go to t-code va21
2-enter a service material
3-(Go to > item >more functions >performance  ) in this screen you can enter your BOQ items .

After you send the quotation to the customer and you awarded the contract you can convert this quotation to sales order and link it with the project "billing WBSE"

Regards,
Islam El-Shamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Islam,

Thanks for your help , but i am not able to find out the 3rd step mentioned by you . And how to link the sales order with the project.

Regards ,

Rohan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi neeraj thanks for the important suggestion i would go through your suggestion and make some discussions with my team mates hope this works out , would give update .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan;

Once you created BOQ outside the system and got approval from your competent authority. You can make each BOQ item as a WBSE and maintain the structure in CJ20N PROJECT BUILDER.

If BOQ having hierarchy levels or partitions according to their nature, you can make the WBSE structure accordingly. This will help you to plan, control and monitor the project in SAP System.

Just ensue that your project coding mask having sufficient capacity to take BOQ items as a WBSE in single level of project structure.

Regards

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

No maria , its Bill of quantities (boq)  that needs to be maintained for a project before the project status is given to the company i.e during the tendering process the actual quantities that have to be used for the project . Its not BOM . This boq also need to be maintained throughout the project also . Is there any procedure to enter the boq.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

I dont have much info about this, but check below thread. It looks like you need to activate DIMP

Bill of Quantity (BOQ) in projects | SCN

Regards

Terence

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

Are you talking about Bill of Materials ?

Regards

Terence