cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about one sender to two receivers integration scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Currently I am implementing an integration flow based on SAP PO-AEX (no BMP component) 7.4 SP12.

Would it be possible to implement following scenario ?

Sender (SOAP) sends message

--> operation mapping (message mapping)

--> Receiver 1 (REST) and receive result from calling

--> Receiver 2 (JDBC) save receive result from calling Receiver 1

What I am trying to achieve is to call SOAP web service that is provided by sender, it will trigger the process to call an RESTful service to get some data, and then second adapter saves the result into a database table. I know I can develop a JEE program (probably session bean + JPA) to achieve above requirement, but before I start development, I want to know the capability of PO integration flow. So, I can go for a better implementation decision.

Not sure it is achieveable or not and any suggestion would be very appreciated, thanks.

Kind Regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick

From the description of your requirement, I think an async-sync bridge might fit your requirement. I'm assuming no response is required to be returned to the sender SOAP caller.

You can check out the following blog on how this can be configured.

Since you are using REST adapter - take note on the comment by Muni regarding the required patch for the adapter.

Regards

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

Thanks for your reply, I will try the link that suggested by .

Cheers.

Kind Regards,

Nick

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sung,

I had a problem using the Rest adapter in a bridge, but with the Mun note i think the best option is the Eng's suggestion, you should try to opt with the standard solutions (without own code or a little one) because they are more maintainable in the future and to deal with them in a PI upgrade.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Per your suggestion earlier, based on the idea in the blog, my integration flow might like this.

Sender (SOAP) sends message

--> operation mapping (UDF call REST adapter to retrieve data and possible involve message mapping)

--> Receiver 2 (JDBC) save result from UDF calling result

As you said doing it in standard way would be more maintainable and reduce complexity. I am totally agree with you. Thanks.

Hi Eng Swee,

After went through the blog you pointed out, it's also another way to do it.

SOAP sender (async) -> REST receiver (sync) -> JDBC receiver (async)

Thanks for your suggestion.

Kind Regards,

Nick

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sung,

If you need to get some data from Rest Service you can do a SOAP - JDBC scenario with Rest Lookup at mapping level. Check this blog

Regards.