cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg packing option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All, I would like to know when we will do the packing at delivery level,At my client side we are doing packing at shipment level,recently i have seen the packing option in delivery also and which enable for all the deliveries,Kindly explain the differences.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is totally business process requirement and type of material getting packed.

For example: at Delivery Doc, wine is packed in bottles(Level 1) and then the group of bottles is packed in a Boxes(Level 2). When the material need to be shipped, then in the Shipment Doc, multiple delivery docs are collectively processed and the pack of boxes with bottles are further packed into Cartons(Level 3) for shipment.

This all above process can be automated, with automatically packing material determination.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

JP SIR Thank you for your reply, I would like to know how many times system will allow to make the packing for a single delivery,Because recently i have faced a issue ,without of knowledge one of our user has done the packing at delivery level,Hence system does not allowed  packing for the same delivery at shipment document level. Please explain.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Standard SAP allows only 3 levels of packing in a document.

Further, if I assume of the issue the user might face may be due to packing same or packed material again. For example, user packed the bottles in box at delivery and again at shipment you are using box packing material to pack the boxed bottles.

i have faced a issue ,without of knowledge one of our user has done the packing at delivery level,

In this case, you can unpack the material in delivery, To do that you have to reverse the PGI and do this.

Thanks, JP