cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The missing part of sap_appl 603

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please explain how can i find the SAP_APPL,603 support package that is seen at the screen shot? I have downloaded and searched all sapkh components but there is still a missing part. Also i have attached the whole components of the system.

The packages that has already imported are;

sap_appl603.sar

kh60301.sar, kh60302.sar, kh60303.sar, kh60304.sar, kh60305.sar, kh60306.sar, kh60307.sar

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your great support.

Do i have to use mopz while upgrading to ehp3? I downloaded all the ehp3 erp 6.0 packages and extract them to eps/in today. I still can not import ecc-se 603 add-on. 

Best regards.

former_member182505
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Melih

You should use mopz to generate the stack.xml file, which will be used during the upgrade on SUM/EHPi

Thanks

Sadiq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

An other question, how the old system which have components like sap_appl 603 and sap_basis 700 was upgraded like this? How can it be possible?

I think there is a way that we can do upgrade without upgrading nw (sap_basis) to 703.

best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melih,

For ECC system EHP release is dertmined by SAP_APPL component and not by SAP_BASIS.

So when I say ECC 6.0 is on EHP3 it means SAP_APPL is of 603 release with some SP level

Please go through through below sap note and thread to undertand.

774615 - Support Package levels of ERP/ECC installations/upgrades

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3355065

Regards

Prithviraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am going to try restore from db2 backup but the oparating systems are different So i guess it is not going to work.

Best regards.

former_member182505
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Melih

You need to go with heterogeneous system copy then now

Thanks

Sadiq

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Melih.

From the screen shot your current SAP system stack is NW 7.0 SP 23. First you have to upgrade the base system from NW 7.0 to NW 7.3 and then start the upgrade the SAP APPL 603. you can calculate from either Solution Manager - Maintenance Optimizer or Maintenance Planner.

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Our company have a system like this;

SAP_ABA  700  23

SAP_BASIS  700  23

PI_BASIS 2005_1_700  23

ST_PI 2008_1_700 3

SAP_BW 700 25

LCAPPS 2005_700 7

SAP_AP 700 22

SAP_APPL 603 7

and i tried to make my new system same as the old system. As you can see the nw version is 700 23. So i do not want to change nw version. Is there an other solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melih,

You need to perform EHP3 upgrade on the existing system.

If you are planing to build a system like the one you already have than why not go for System copy?

Regards,

Prithviraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prithviraj,

We have hard restrictions. So i can not do heterogeneous system copy. If i make the components same as the old system have, i will able to do a remote client copy.

thanks.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MElih.

You can perform the SAP Homogeneous system copy from Old system to new target system with different SID.

BR

SS

former_member182505
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Melih

Client copy will not help you, you can use system copy , if you have restriction for export/import

you the backup/restore method ,

Thanks

Sadiq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melih,

Long story in short

Either build a new system via system copy

or

Upgrade your present system to EHP3

Regards,

Prithviraj.