Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating dataset - hangs on "Acquisition completed"

alon_kanat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Lumira 1.30 with windows 7 OS language set to English

I connected to any datasource (e.g. a simple Excel), selected a very limited number of dimensions & key figures and choose 'create".

He seems to go through the different phases, but he keeps hanging on "Acquisition completed" for forever (the bar keeps moving, but nothing happens, buttons stay greyed out). I saw the note for 1.29 with OS not in English, but this is not relevant to my version \ OS settings.

When I close Lumira (only thing i can do, no other way to stop this "acquistion completed" screen) he ask me if i want to save the document. When i do save it, later reopen Lumira and then try to open the document, the same thing seems to happen: he tries to open, but nothing happens.

I tried this with several queries \ files and made sure my dataset had not that many records as a result, but all had the same issue.

It say something about "Sematic enrichment...", but also the preferance can't be open.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Kind Regard

Alon Kanat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alon - thank you for the screen shot.

So it does this on all data sources?

Before acquiring the data set, can you check your preferences?  File > Preference

The resolution in this note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2072965 may help - while not necessarily related to your issue, it might be worth trying uninstalling and re-installing Lumira:

"

• Before reinstall, the following items need to be cleared.
    License Key folder: C:\Users\Public\sapvi
    Preferences folder: C:\Users\<user>\.sapvi
    Application folder: C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira

"

alon_kanat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Looks like the deletion of the folders solved the issue.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Alon

Answers (0)