cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion on sp_iqcheckdb 'allocation database'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

usually sp_iqcheckdb 'allocation database'  takes few minute (10 minute)  and  IQ DB size is 15 TB without any error ..

today i got dbcc reported error in output . I suspect while running sp_iqcheckdb  there was some application batch job was also running .

Could you please suggest what should i do  for following error ...

DBCC Allocation Mode Report

==================================================

** DBCC Status                                    Leaked block checking skipped due to errors

** DBCC Status                                    Errors Detected

** DBCC Locked Table Access Conflict              1

** DBCC Future Version Errors                     75

Should i run in off-business hour again or  should i run dbcc with 'drop leakage' .

Regards

Ajay Pandey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks John .

john_ting
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ajay You may get some "Future Version Errors" if there is some DDL operation going on after you start sp_iqcheckdb. To avoid this, simply run COMMIT before running sp_iqcheckdb. I would try to  issue the COMMIT and try rerunning your sp_iqcheckdb - see if there are any error messages then and check to see if there are any messages in the iqmsg log at the same time. regards John

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more info IQ Version 15.4 .  usually it take only 10 minute . this time it ran for 60 minutes .

with above error ...

john_ting
Explorer
0 Kudos

There are a few ways you can do to speed up  the performance when running  sp_iqcheckdb  1. Increase temp cache . 2 .You can improve the  sp_iqcheckdb time by allocating more resources to that operation (if such resources are available). resource-percent The input parameter resource-percent must be an integer greater than zero. The resources percentage allows you to limit the CPU utilization of the database consistency checker by controlling the number of threads with respect to the number of CPUs. If resource-percent = 100 (the default value), then one thread is created per CPU. If resource-percent > 100, then there are more threads than CPUs, which might increase performance for some machine configurations. The minimum number of threads is one. 3. free up resources by lowering down -gm setting. 4. Depending on physical RAM on your box, you can also set dbcc_pinnable_cache_percent option to higher than default 50, , this option controls the percent of the cache used by the sp_iqcheckdb. Hope this  helps regards John