Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xcelsius & Windows 10

former_member217085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

I am thinking in updating my W7 OS to W10 but I'm afraid that that may affect my Xcelsius Engage 2008 (or whatever the name is now) app which works fine with W7. Does someone know if this update could create problems? Or would it be better to stay with W7?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205194
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gunderic,

On checking the PAM of Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 5, we see that Win 10 is not supported. That means you may or may not face issues once you get your OS upgraded, but SAP would not be helping you out here.

Below is the link to the PAM of Xcelsius 2008 SP5 :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0878e4d-420d-2f10-3fb9-

d8cffc57b397?QuickLink=index&…

You might want to consider upgrading both Xcelsius & Windows OS to a version where both are compatible & supported.

Do let us know in case of any queries.

Regards,

Monish

former_member217085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Monish!

Thank you kindly for replying.

What you are telling me is nothing short of a disaster, because that would imply that I will not update my OS to Windows 10, unless I want to stop using Xcelsius which I've using for about 10 years now and intend to continue using.

Yes, some time ago I checked with SAP to upgrade it and was told   that the upgrade for Engage 2008 is called SAP Crystal Dashboard Design Personal edition, and costs.....$1,745 !! Oh yeah and the cost for new buyers is $2,495 !! I really find this prices over the top considering that the original price of the app was a fraction of that. I told them that instead of buying the upgrade it would make more economic sense to simply keep my current computer, if only to use Xcelsius. However, now I'm facing the problem of the W 10 update...

QUESTIONS:

Sorry to ask again. I realize my version of Xcelsius works only with OFFICE 2010, but are you absolutely sure that it will most likely also NOT work with W10?

2) Are you familiar with this SAP Crystal Dashboard Design Personal edition? If yes, is it really worth it?  For example does it have a plethora of updated  maps? And what else to be so pricey?

Thanks in advance for you reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monish,

I am using SAP Business Dashboards 4.2 support pack 2. I am still on windows 8.1.

Need to upgrade ot Win 10 and  cannot stick on to windows 8.1 any more. Please let me know if this version of Xcelsisu is compatible to Win 10. Also let me know where i need to check Flash verison on my sytem as well.

please guide me on this.

Regards,

P.Supriya

nilesh_pawar6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

1. Please open below link for SAP Business Objects BI Platform 4.2 Supported Platforms (PAM) document .

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/ssp/infopages/pam-essentials/SBOP_BI_42.pdf

2. To check Flash version on your system follow below steps.

Control Panel\Programs and Features

In names category see the "A" series to check Adobe Flash Player version

Regards,

Nilesh Pawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nilesh.

Looks like it is compatible on Windows10.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nilesh_pawar6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gunderic,

If you satisfied from above comments then please CHECK  as Answered for this Question .

OR if you want still any clarification then let us know.

Regards,

Nilesh Pawar