SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP FMS - Season based Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a functionality in SAP Fashion Management to segregate stock based on season. I would like to understand possible business cases for function.

When we call a product as season based, it implies the product becomes obsolete after that season (for eg. Christmas tree etc.). So before the season completes, proper markdown planning needs to be in place to clear off inventory. Since inventory left after the season becomes obsolete, why there is a need to segregate inventory based on season?

I am sure there must be some business case for this function that I am missing. Can you please throw some business insight into fashion/seasonal business?

Thanks,

Hari

3 REPLIES 3

0 Kudos

Hi Hari Ganesh,

In the above case , some time there are flow styles Inventory management process implemented where we can sell the material more than one season or we can sell them through some other channels. Company to company or Business to Business it can be defined and easy to identify!

Regards

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit Dwivedi,

Thank you for the response. If the material is of flow style type, why do we need to still segregate by season? Can it be handled as a proper flow line independent of season?

If you can share with some examples, it will be really helpful to understand from a proper business perspective.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Hari

0 Kudos

Maintaining Seasonal styles and segregating by flow or non flow makes it easier and less time consuming also you can make it non flow if requirement changes i.o full new Style setup.