Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications for Message Processors

former_member368382
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I get a lot of service requests and incident tickets raised and assigned to me to resolve as the Message Processor in IT Solution Manager (ITSM).

I'd like to configure my ITSM to send email notifications to my Outlook when a ticket is assigned to me.

Is this possible, and if so, how do I go about setting this up?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member194601
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

Were these suggestions helpful to you.?

Have you solved the issue..

In case of any error, let us know.

Thanks,

Vignesh

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Your BP needs to have email for which your outlook is configured

SCOT must be configured

further you need to configure action definition as already mentioned by Vignesh and further most important part is action condition so that it will trigger as per status you want to respective partner in the ticket.

please check below links

there is plenty of doc available so request you to please go through the above links search and proceed with setup.

Incase you face specific error paste the screenshot so that we can help further

Thanks

Prakhar

former_member194601
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

It is possible to send mail notifications when an incident is assigned to you.

1. First of all, you need to maintain the mail Id for the corresponding user i.e. yourself in this case.

For that go to transaction BP and maintain your email Id.

2. In order to trigger notification, go to transaction SPPFCADM and select CRM_ORDER and then click Define Action Profile and Actions. Then select corresponding Action Profile and click Action Definition.

In Action Definition, select the corresponding Action definition that is used to send mail to Processor.

3. After selecting the Action Definition, click on Processing type. Here notification can be sent as method call or smart form mail.

To make it simple, select the method send_mail_with_mail_forms

4. Specify the mail form template and default sender address.

Finally, after successful configuration of Action Definition and Processing types, you will get notification each time when an incident is created.

Note: After making changes in Action Definition, activate it.

Please find screenshots for better understanding.

Thanks,

Vignesh