cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config parameters for SAP Fiori Client on AFARIA app policy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to see an example of configuration parameters / file to set on the application policy for sap fiori client on SAP AFARIA. I saw the documentation, and it has only an example for IOS device but i need it to android. I would like to know if the parameters to include on the configuration tab of the app policy are the same for android

this is the example:

Best Regards,

Mariana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

We want to distribute SAP Fiori to our managed Devices (Samsung Galaxy Tab Active: SM-T365) using Afaria. We also want to preconfigure Fiori, so the users don't have to set the SAP-Fiori-URL manually.

We are using Afaria 7 SP14 for managing our devices and want to use Managed App Configuration for configuring Fiori:

We have tried different ways of configuring the App (Always with Format: Text). As described in the following links we have tried using the JSON Format as well as the base64 encoded Version using Afaria Market App Policies as well as Afaria Enterprise App Policies.

Unfortunately we never achieved starting the app on the device (after being delivered via Afaria) and having the URL and Settings preconfigured.

What are we doing wrong? Is there a working example of a Managed App Configuration for SAP Fiori for Android devices?

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,

Tobias

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It's documented here http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smp3011sdkmfadev/helpdata/en/6b/0bf34c190940ccb65fdbbbb153a2e3/content.h... .

I'm not an Afaria tech, but I assume you can trace it on Afaria or Android Logcat if you are having issues pushing App .or policy.

Regards,

Kevin

BWomelsdorf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Tobias - have you ever tried perform the same steps, except using a text file instead of text?  They should behave the same way, but looking to see if the functionality doesn't work across the board or if it's just an issue with the Text box.

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

We tested on iOS and this is working working.  The process is you have to put the JSON string in the Managed App configuration as the config.  See KBA 2189376 (you don’t need to change to use Base64, just used managed App configuration).

This isn't possible via Android though.

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

What did you mean with "This isn't possible via Android though".?.. Can I configure the parameter for fiori client through AFARIA or not?. Tobias entered with another question on my thread.... I would appreciate your answer...

...And you need to open a new thread for your question, you are mixing your question with my question in this thread...even though both questions might be related, the community request every question be on a separate and single thread to avoid this kind of mixed responses...

Best Regards,

Mariana

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Mariana,

If you look at Afaria with Android configuration and the KBA I listed above, Android does not have the ability to provide configuration parameter in Managed Application Configuration section of Afaria.  This is the Afaria piece that isn't support by Android Fiori Client.

You can use the Discovery Service with HCP and Mobile Secure with Android though.

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have exactly the same problem. That is why i wrote into your topic. That way someone who has the same difficulties finds the topic easier and solutions / hints are in one place.

Anyway, it doesn't seem to be so easy to get to a solution...

I will try adding the configuration as a file instead of as text. Or maybe someone else has already tried it this way?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have always found that "File" works and "Text" never works...

BR

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

I have tried with a Config via "File" on a Samsung Galaxy Tab Activel (SM-T365) with Android Version 5.1.1 and unfortunately it is still NOT working...

I'll open an SAP Incident on this.

Cheers,

Tobias

andreas_gall2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

did you get any feedback yet?

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas

In the meantime I've opened an SAP Incident and got the following Statement from SAP:

---

The issue described in this incident is not a supported feature.
The current Android Fiori client only supports the following  configuration options:
- Using Android For Work App Restrictions configure the Fiori Client
- If you are using either HCPms or SAP Mobile Secure Cloud using the Discovery Service.
Documentation on these options can be found here
http://help.sap.com/Download/Multimedia/pdf-mobilesecure/Mobile_Secure_Administration_Guide.pdf

---

So currently no Chance to configure the Android Fiori Client for Android via Afaria On Premise if you're not using Android For Work.

Kind regards,

Tobias Soder

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Its the same for Android since this is all JSON, http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-65395#mdm.

Regards,

Kevin