cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI stop working when connected to network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Does anyone have idea why SAP GUI suddenly stop working while connected to network?  if I disconnect the network, I can launch the gui pad without problem but once connected to network from home or from office, sap gui cannot open; double click it, one see the cursor spinning a few seconds, then nothing happens. I got my service desk reinstalled the SAP gui 7.30 but issue is not fixed. We tried to reinstall certificate, Java JRE. I tried java 7 and 8, nothing works. Is there anyone experienced the same issue?

I saw there is a thread in 2013 with the same issue but it was not answered.

Thanks,

Henry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Do you not have access to SAP GUI for Windows 7.40 patch level 8?  This would most likely resolve a lot of guessing as to what the exact issue is.

In order to prevent compatibility issues from that older SAP GUI Client you would have remain at an OS Level less than say, Microsoft Windows 7 and not install anything higher or equal to Microsoft Office 2010.  I also believe you shouldn't be running any of the newer browser's.  Microsoft and SAP GUI Client's share several DLL's.  The newer JAVA versions you have installed were developed long after SAP GUI 7.30 was de-supported.  That application wouldn't recognize those JAVA releases.

It will be extremely difficult for someone to diagnose this issue without more specific's.  What exactly is meant by, "goy my service desk reinstalled".  I am not familiar with this terminology.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

thank you for the input. I think it might be related to Java version. I noticed yesterday when I got this issue that my Java 7 has installation date as yesterday but don't know how it was installed. I tried to download 7.40 but no access to download it. Requested my service desk for gui 7.40. Since my company only have 7.30 version for install right now. Not sure if I can get 7.40. I may try to downgrade Java to 6.

thanks,

Henry Li

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to downgrade Java to JRE 6 but it's still not working. SAP GUI pad cannot open when connected to internet. Anyone has clue?

thanks,

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is solved by install SAP GUI 7.40.