cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO Dashboards with RESTful SDK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is it possible to query RESTful web services SDK to get html/json/xml response of BO Dashboards like we are able to get webi html as REST response?

I am using 4.1 SP2.

Thanks & Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

Thank you for the clarification.

Could you please suggest any alternative? I am developing a custom application with REST SDK and .NET SDK.

Thanks & Regards,

Deepak KUmar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

As of now, RESTful Web Services SDKs is designed for performing operations on Crystal Report for Enterprise, Web Intelligence and the BI Platform. It is the next-generation application programming interface (API) for manipulating and interacting with Web Intelligence reporting residing on your BusinessObjects server.

You can get the HTML content of a Dashboard, however you can only do this through Dashboard Designer. Go to File -> Export -> HTML...

There is one SDK which is available to use for Dashboard is Dashboards Component SDK which is based on Flex, used for creating custom components.

Most of the time, I have seen scenarios where users wanted to show the Dashboard embedded in an HTML page or in a tab of the organization's portals, then we can display the Dashboard using OpenDocument application with BI Platform/REST SDK to embedded in an IFrame on a browser (You can use Java/.NET SDK for the same).

Please elaborate more about your requirements.

Thanks,

Shailendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Shailendra for your response.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

The answer is No.

You can't retrieve the content of Dashboard through RESTful Web services SDKs. As of now REST SDK doesn't have this functionality. The RESTful Web Services SDKs can perform modifications on Webi report, as REST SDK is introduced wih the functional parity of Report Engine SDKs.

You can only retrieve some basic information about Dashboard using Platform RESTful Web Services SDKs, like its name, ID, CUID, type, description, Open Document link to Dashboard last updated date etc.

Thanks,

Shailendra