cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why check in BPMN 2.0 Descriptive document?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recently upgraded our license to include the EAM, BPM, and OOM modules.

As part of this process, we were required to upgrade the repository database to add tables for the additional modules and insert values for them.

We generated the upgrade DDL and ran it. All appeared to run smoothly.

The issue is that every time we connect to the repository, including the very first time, after the upgrade, we get the following error dialog:

The output window contains the following:

The only thing on the local hard drive that resembles "BPMN 2.0 Descriptive" is an .xpl file by that name.

Why is PowerDesigner trying to check in a non-existent Business Process Model?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks to me like PD is trying to check in the definition of the BPMN Descriptive process language (the XPL file) in case it's needed for portal editing, but the check-in is failing. I've been able to check it in to the Library folder - I don't have the portal editing licence, so I don't actually need to check it in.

Dan, you could try checking in the language file yourself, via Tools | Resources | Process Languages. Make you sure you check it in to the Library folder (I would create a 'Resources' subfolder in there, to be tidy). If the check-in, fails, raise a support case with SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, George. That did the trick. At least for the SQL error.

Still getting the prompt to sync the BPMN file, even after four consecutive successful syncs. So we're opting out of the prompt going forward.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200945
Contributor
0 Kudos

One of reasons is that you can create BPMN in Powerdesigner Portal Server.

See

http://scn.sap.com/community/powerdesigner/blog/2015/07/01/creating-and-editing-bpmn-20-business-pro...

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said at the beginning of my post, we just recently upgraded our license to include BPM.

We do not have the Portal installed. So no BPMN models created that way.

We just have desktop clients and a repository. No one could create a BPMN model on their client until the got the new license file. Only two of us have the updated license. An neither of us has created a BPMN model.

So, with no BPMN model created locally, or on a non-existent portal server, why do the clients with the new license insist upon trying to check in a non-existent model?

Does not make any sense.

former_member200945
Contributor
0 Kudos

Remeber repository can be accessed from Portal.

For those who want to use Portal to create BPMN 2.0, you must

check in BPMN 2.0 descriptive at first place.

Another reason is the file can be customized and distributed to

all users. That is why it locates in .Library folder in repository.

You can also see several other files in .Library.