Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change topic space for document

rachit_gupta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a document and advised by moderators to address it to correct topic space. Please advise how can I change the topic space for my document now ?

Regards,

Rachit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rachit_gupta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for your reply. I agree with the other members that it is really cumbersome to re-create the document given the limitations with the current editor. Moreover, identification of the correct topic space is another challenge. For instance my document is related to remediation requirements for migrating to HANA and I tagged it to "HANA Development centre space' which looked most appropriate by name itself. But now it is to be moved to 'ABAP on HANA'.

I am sure it is easy for anyone to get confused in tagging spaces, but the whole pain is credited to the contributor which is demotivating !

This is a humble request to the moderators to identify a contributor friendly solution to such situations.

Regards,

Rachit.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any platform has its specific restrictions, and this call not to move documents and blogs was because of the gamification feature.

You might have read it already, the whole SCN will be renewed soon, the Beta test is open for everyone. The space concept will be replaced by the tag concept, we will see if that makes it better. And I have not yet any information if the new Gamification is affected in case we need to exchange wrong assigned tags.

Communication from moderators to posters will become more easy and we are not anymore restricted to a few words only. So educating the SCN users will hopefully become much more easy and I hope this will then turn out into a reduction of this recurring moderation cases with some individuals.

On the other side, moderation became almost a full day job (and it is a voluntary activity). You only see your single post affected, but a moderator may see 10 and more posts that are posted in the wrong space every day, beside of another 10 that a reopened and 20 more which are just FAQ. We have to do our time management too since we owe our time to the employer who is paying us, so after a certain amount spend one just takes the quickest way to solve a moderation case (you know the sign "every 3rd sales men will be shot, the second has just left").

See, even this reply took me about 20 minutes. I need to find the right words, I am not a native English speaker, I have to be careful in the words as many people who post here because of a rejection are already tempered. Good it is Saturday.

rachit_gupta
Participant
0 Kudos

We hope that moderators and contributors get relief with a solution to this strenuous job with the launch of new site.

Thanks for your efforts to listening and replying to the concerns Juergen. I really appreciate the efforts of all moderators.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can't change the space, you can only create a new document in the right space.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jurgen, do moderators not have tools to move stuff? The ordinary members can only delete and re-post, but it can be a hassle, especially with the current editor.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The space moderator will have the rights to move from his / her space to another

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we shall not move documents and blogs because the points received for this content will not move to the other space. I personally do not really care in which space I make my points,  but imagine the case that someone does not become a topic leader because he missed 10 points which got left in the wrong space....