derive values of characteristics based on some other parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Team,

I am ABAP consultant.Need help on MM part for MDG project

For creating material with classification view,

I have class               : z****

class type        : z*****

Characteristics : Access_Type ( with multiple values) say Test_1 & Test_2.

now in my case I have to derive the values of characteristic based on some other variables like trail,rental,subscription etc.

e.g. if Trial = 'X'

Rental = 'X' and

Subscription = '  ' then values Test_1 and Test_2 should be assigned to characteristics

I there any configuration setting for achieving this ?

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anagha Kumthekar,

Creation of material master is separate process then setting up classification values.

Once material creation is done, while setting up other variant configuration data , creation of configuration profile , assignment of class are required then at last you can create object dependencies or variant function to establish auto population of characteristic value based upon other values.

If you try to do auto population of characteristic value at the time of material creation based upon other values it will not work as configuration profile doesn't exist yet.

Please go through below links it may help you developing understanding what it takes to setup basic VC structure.

Thanks

Ritesh

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anagha,

Please find, in the following SAP Help link, all the information to reach your goal:

User-Defined Functions - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

In detail, with a User-Defined Function you should be able to set characteristic values based on certain conditions, via an ABAP function and an object dependency.

Feel free to come back here in case further info is needed.

Thanks and regards,

Flavio