Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST04 and DB02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am learning SAP BASIS

I am not understanding, what can i monitor in Transaction ST02 and DB02, and If any problem observed in these transactions, What is the solution?

Plz kindly give me the solution

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the intial screen of ST02 we can monitor Roll area, Paging area , extended memory and Heap memory.

The roll area is a memory area with a set (configurable) size that belongs to a work process. It is located in the heap of the virtual address space of the work process.

Extended memory is the mail part of memory management system.You can assign the extended memory from a common space to any work process.(We commonly do it when we work with pointers in ABAP).

If a dialog work process has used up the roll area assigned to it and the extended memory, private memory is assigned to the work process. The work process goes into PRIV mode (private).

Missing indexes may occur if you ignore an error message when creating a table or if an index is deleted.You can find the missing indexes in DB02 just by clicking on the missing index area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

About ST04:

in ST04 you can find unlimited information you can see if tablespaces are in backup mode, and you can get detailed analasys menu and many more.

--Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What swati kumar said was correct.

in ST02 you can find memory utilization: If your swap memory was used abpve thresh hold value then you have to increase buffer, you can do this at SAP via RZ10 and also you can do this by changing instace profile at OS, But for any perameter change, SAP needs to be bounced ( stop and start SAP) to activate changes made to Instance profile.

About DB02:

this will let you know current space utilization of Database, you can find many things like if there were any space cretical objects, curret fill level of all table spaces etc, you have to do refresh to get latest information.

-Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Murali for ur helpful answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friend,

st02 is buffer monitor, see swaps in this, if swaps are more (1000) or depend on company maintenance. if any swaps , need to increase that buffer size in RZ10.

and restart instance.

in DB02, check table space grouth (90 %)and increase through sapdba or brtools.

we can monitor sapce critical object ( this objects need more space but space is less). and missing index in db, if u find this need to do "Check and update optimizer statistics" in DB13.

regards,

swathi kumar-k

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

swathi

ur answer is very usefull for me, I have some other doubts in these transactions.

What type of Buffers we need to observe in ST02.

How can we find out missing indexes in DB02