cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to limit the max dialog no that one user can use at the same time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I meet one performance problem that one user can open 6 sessions in the GUI and he/she can run 6 reports at the same time witch could occupy 6 dialogs in the sap R/3 instance. It makes poor performance for other users.

Would you pls tell me how to limit the no. of sessions one user can create at the same time or how to limit the no. of dialogs one user can occupy at the same time?

Thanks a lot!

I used this parameters in the default profile as blew:

rdisp/rfc_check 1

rdisp/rfc_use_quotas 1

rdisp/rfc_max_own_used_wp 20 (means: 20%)

It still didn't work.

Sean

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

Use the profile parameter rdisp/rfc_min_wait_dia_wp for this purpose. The value given in this parameter will determine the number of dialog processes that have to necessarily remain free for other users.

Please award points accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,..

Can we restrict Dialog work process according user wise and can we set the priority high or low.??

(For eg.We can restrict the spool.in SU01 we can restrict the spool user wise by clicking on Out put immediately check box

so is this possible to restrict Dialog w.p according to the user .?

Reply...

Regards,

JUNAID AHMAD

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We can reserve DIA W.P by giving value to the parameter :- rdisp/rfc_min_wait_dia_wp=1(default)

that have to necessarily remain free for other users.

This parameter is used to reserve a number of dialog work processes for Dailog mode.

For eg. If 10 dialog w.p. are configured for the instance(rdsip/wp_no_dia=10) and the parameter rdisp/rfc_min_wait_dia_wp=3 is set,parallel RFC's can occupy a maximum of 7 DIA W.P.3 DAI W.P. always remain free for dialog mode.

But now the question is how we assign/restrict this free dialog w.p. to the specific user.

Reply...

Regards,

JUNAID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

it is true that u can use the login/disable_multiple_gui_login for the same.

but at the same time u also have to specify the parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout for better performance with the use of which u can terminate the idle session and reallocate the resource to other users.

Thanks..

dont forget for rewards ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ammey Kesarkar and Ruchit Khushu,

Thanks a lot for your advice. I think Ammey tell me an important rule, Ruchit advice is helpful too. But I still can not limit the dialog resources at one user could occupied. If it use 4/10 dialog at the same time, even I can reserve 2 dialogs for others. The system still meets performance problem. This is not the solution I am looking for.

But thanks a lot!

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the best solution for you will be to restrict the multiple logons.

login/disable_multi_gui_login is the parameter.

regards and do reward suitable points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sean,

There are 2more things for this

1. Apart from profile parameter login/disable_multi_gui_login suggested by Mantosh Kumar you should also check for profile paramter rdisp/max_alt_modes .

This will allow you to control maximum number of sessions that can be opened by a user in an SAP system bt for this to work effecctive you need to disable mutiple gui logons first.

2. Generally speaking these parameters or the parameters suggested earlier are not enough to have a performance control. They can mostly restrict the number of resources that are being used by a given user at a particular time. But system performance is a much bigger pciture. You can increase number of dialog work processes if your memory is enough. That way more users will be able to work. You can increase memory/number of CPUs that will enhance perfomances that will help the process in getting free faster. Code tun ing,buffer management. Lot of things. Performance control is about these things rather than just putting check on users working in the system.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sean,

SAP works on the principle of work process multiplexing*.

<i>[ *Work process multiplexing: The individual dialog steps for a program consisting of several screens can be executed by different dialog work processes during program runtime. ]</i>

Limiting the user with max dialog work process count will jeopardize the efficient working of Work process multiplexing.

However, you can limit the user to some extent by setting the following parameter combination:

rdisp/max_alt_modes Maximum number of alternative modes

login/disable_multi_gui_login disable multiple sapgui logons (for same SAP account)

Regards,

Ammey Kesarkar

'Award points for useful info'