cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment process, differences in actual loaded quantities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I hope i have posted this query in the right forum.

I am in the process of configuring the shipment process for bulk deliveries, we are using the SAP standard for shipments, so basically we can create a shipment with several deliveries

It is common practice that the actual loaded or picked quantities can differ due to heat, temparature, as part of the overrral process, we do not allow negative stock, so in practice, we have to make use of transaction VLPOD to maintain the differences for actual loaded quantities

Now the issue i am facing is if we have several deliveries in the truck, how do we split the difference for several items in the shipment, If we only have 1 delivery in the shipment, it will be far easier to account for the difference in VLOPD

Just need a few pointers how to resolve this issue, I understand that the IS-OIL module has a good solution to maintain actual loaded quantities but we do not have any plans to implement this module

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are doing a lot business with tank trucks (and we are not in IS-OIL business).

I would like to understand your question/requirement  but have some difficulties, especially on the point "actual loaded or picked quantities can differ due to heat, temparature, "

Volumes may change based on temperature, but not the weight.

What are the units used in this process, what do you load, and why is there a difference? How do you know about this difference, what do you compare?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

We are maintaining sales units in Litres, The trucks we use has a device for measuring loaded quantities and like i explained earlier, the volumes can change based on heat, temparature

We compare the ordered quantities ( sales order ) against the actual delivered quantities, this is where we usually have the difference in volumes

does this make any sense?

Thanks