Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create Device Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am developing IoT application, Assigned proper role to my SID.Followed

while trying to create Device Type,Deployed message on Message Management System ,I am getting error "Could not create Device Type ' Raspberrypi' . Can anyone help me out. What will be prerequisite to create IoT application ?  Is required to connect device to the system ? Error screen is attached with post.

Thanks in advance,

Pavan Hampi 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anton_levin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

could you please share your account id, so that we can check the logs? Or send me a direct message in SCN if you do not want to share it publicly.

Thanks,

Anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anton,

Please check, i am sending SID S0015414084, Also tell prerequisite to develop IoT application.

Waiting for your kind reply.

Regards,

Pavan

anton_levin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks, I will check it out. There are no special prerequisites. Enabling IoT Services for your account is enough.

Regards,

Anton

anton_levin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

One more question. Are you on Trial Landscape hanatrial.ondemand.com?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, i am not using trial account. i am using main account i.e. account.us1.hana.ondemand.com. please let me know how to send you direct message. i tried to send but it shown " Person is not in your connection".

anton_levin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You miss the "IoT-User" role for RDMS. You have assigned one only for IoT Cockpit - did steps 5-8 from here [1]. You also need to do steps 1-4

Regards,

Anton

[1] SAP HANA Cloud Platform Internet of Things Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks , Problem resolved .

Regards,

Pavan

anton_levin
Advisor
Advisor