cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry - getting '411 Length Required' error on Odata service call

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm using an Odata web service to POST data to the backend.  When the call to the service is made, it is throwing this error:

The Step definition for the Odata call is using a markup file to specify the web service parameters.  The contents of this file are:

The web service call has been working with no problems in my development environment, but after I do my first production build/deploy is when the error crops up.  Has anyone seen this error before and know what the workaround is?

Thanks

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

I was able to work around the problem by changing the Data Type on the Step's Retrieval Argument from 'Large Markup' to 'Small Markup'.  Using Small Markup, you embed the markup text directly into the app in the Markup Text field instead of placing it in an external file.  Whatever the bug is, this works around it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a feeling the problem could be related to my markup file and the location of that file on the SMP server.  Can someone point me to a good document that describes the best way to publish a production version of the app which bundles the markup file in with the .zip deployable package, and when deployed places the markup file in the correct location on the SMP server?  And also any settings that need to be modified on the SMP server to point to the markup file?

Thanks

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

Mark, Bill, Stephen,

You guys have been very helpful to me in the past, do any of you know what I might need to look for on this one?  Here's some more info:

The Step definition for the Odata service call:

The Odata HTTP Request within the Step:

The Request Argument definition for the HTTP Request (the Markup File specified here is shown above in earlier post):

As I'd mentioned, this web service call works fine when I'm running in development mode, but throws the '411 Length Required' error when I run in production mode.  Below is a screen shot of the log from the development environment.  You can see that one of the properties being inserted is the content-length.  This seems to be the missing property when I'm running in production which is causing the error.  I'm not sure why the content-length property is being used when running in development, but not being used when I'm running in production.

I'm using SMP server 3.0.10.5, and SMP SDK 3.0.11.1.

Thanks for your help,

Tim