cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeating Subform in Heading

Archie-Hammer
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have created a form the has at the end a set of classes taken. I created a heading that has static information Name, location, etc. and then a sub-form with the short title of classes taken. I don't know how many classes have been taken or their titles until run time.

In the details I want to have the name, location, etc. then have a repeating sub-form for pass/fail results.

I am able to get the view I want until it exceeds the first page.

What I want:

Page 1 Heading:

Name     Location     Class1     Class2     Class3

Page 1 Detail

John     Loc1            Pass         Pass       Fail

Jane     Loc1            Pass         Pass       Pass

Page 2 heading

Name Location Class1 Class2 Class3

Page 2 Detail

Joe      Loc2        Pass     Pass    Pass

What I get now

Page 1 Heading:

Name     Location     Class1     Class2     Class3

Page 1 Detail

John     Loc1            Pass         Pass       Fail

Jane     Loc1            Pass         Pass       Pass

Page 2 heading

Name     Location

Joe  Loc2    Pass PassPass

I want to make sure that I can get a consistent look and feel when I don't have all the information before runtime.

thanks ion advance for the help,

Archie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Archie-Hammer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Unfortunately using a table does not help the situation because the number of cells is never set until run time. If there is a way to have a variable set of cells/columns for the table that would be ideal.

At this time I have setup a header structure with a set of fields for display and a subform that will display the results.

diego_santos
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

When I create a dummy table with Adobe LiveCycle ES (9.0), the ideal settings are already in place to use Header Row and Footer Row.

Does the above settings are feasible for your case?
With them the text will overflow to other pages, break, and the header and footer will be always visible.

Regards,

Diego

prajeshdesai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please correct me, you are having two table header rows, but second header is not visible on subsequent pages. right?

if possible upload screen shots of your issue.

Archie-Hammer
Explorer
0 Kudos

It is difficult to provide screen shots as the information would be possibly confidential.

The heading has a repeating suform of class titles. This is only shown on the first page. I want a heading that has the static text as well as the subform with the class titles on each page. It only shows on the first page. All subsequent pages only show the static text.

I hope this helps clarify the problem.

prajeshdesai
Contributor
0 Kudos

if you want header sub form on all the subsequent pages, try below,

Set Overflow Leader of your Body sub form as Header sub form.

Hope this helps.