cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send report to another persons' inbox

former_member217675
Participant
0 Kudos

First thanks in advance for your help and guidance. Everyone here has been very willing to help!

We on on BO 4.1 sp3 (Windows)

My problem is that only my admin account can schedule a report to be sent to another users inbox.

When I use any other user account I get the following message:

write error. you do not have sufficient rights to perform the requested action. contact admin. crystalenterprise.managed

I want to be able to add permissions to the group everyone so anyone in BO can send to anyone else's BO Inbox.

I've looked at this a couple different ways: First is this a view issue or a schedule issue. Second where should the rights be placed, at the group everyone or analysis.

I was successful when the group analyst was given full control over the top level of the Inboxes. That however is not what I want obviously.

I have a couple items of confusion. First if I look at this as a "Send Documents to Inbox" issue, it appears that only Desktop Intelligence can do that. Second if this is a "view" issue then is this at the folder (Inbox) or Web Intelligence application level. 

I currently have security set as show in the attachment.

It seems like it should be simply add rights to everyone to view and schedule but I can't find those rights.

Thanks Scott

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have a look at this link:

BI 4.0 send documents to INBOX | SCN

former_member217675
Participant
0 Kudos

Kuldeep,

Thank you very much for responding! I was just going to update this post. I was able to resolve the issue but adding the rights to "view" and "add object to folder".

Thanks

Scott

former_member198519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats great !

Answers (0)