cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA - Union Node for Plan Vs Actual

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question on HANA Calc View modelling using UNION node.

I have a Plan table (Vendor,Year,Plan Amt)  and Actual table (Vendor, Posting date, Invoice Amt).

In my final Report either via A-OLAP or WEBI via universe, I would like to see the data based on Vendor , Plan Amt and the total Invoice Amt for the selected Plan year..

For some reason, I dont have the Vendor name in my Plan table, but my Actual table has.

So when I Union both the Tables in the Calculation view, in the final report output, it works fine i.e. it shows both the Plan and Actual values against the Vendor in single row but when I bring in the Vendor name, the Plan Value is shown as separate record...since it considers Vendor name as a separate char and the Plan table doesnt have it.

I used the label column feature for the Vendor sourced from Actual but still no use..Normally in BW, its handled by default as everything works internally with Key...

Any suggestions on how to handle,  so that without the Vendor name in Plan table and analyzing along with Vendor name in the Report, the Plan and Actual values should be shown in single row for a given Vendor.

Thank

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh

You can try as shown . Vendor text you can either take from vendor text/master data table ( if you have it ) .  Else you can make another projection from "Actual"  to take only Vendor and Vendor_Text  columns and then join with union node with "LEFT OUTER"   ( Union Node being the Left Node)

PS: Do not take vendor Name ( text) from Actual table to Union node..

Let me know if you have any question regarding this approach and if it resolves your issue.

Regards

Anindya