cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Watch alert not generated in the managed system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we have many customers connected to our Solution Manager 7.1 (Var Scenario)

We are not able to generate EWA reports for two of them. The sessions are scheduled each week and the message in Solman is:

The data for this session is overdue. No data has yet been passed from the managed system.

Go to the Service Data Control Center (transaction SDCCN) in the managed system and see why the data has not been sent

I've checked in satellite system (SDCCN tcode) and there are no EWA task in "To Do" view. Moreover::

1) RFC from managed system to Solman (SOL) is working as expected (authorization test is ok)

2) RFC from managed system to Solman (SOL) is active and set as "master"

3) Maintenance package session is scheduled weekly to send data through the right RFC

4) I've tried to execute immediately both maintenance package and refresh sessions and no errors have been found in the logs

5) I've checked the task processor job and is scheduled and works fine without errors

Do you have any other suggestions?

In attachment SDCCN print of the managed system

Thanks!

Giuseppe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hafiz_shahzad42
Explorer
0 Kudos
EWAlert setup Description Setup of the EarlyWatch Alert service [ checks that min. 2 EWAlert sessions to SAP Solution Manager or to SAP are found in last 60 days, and that SDCC session manager job runs ] Implementation We recommend that SAP Solution Manager be used to monitor your systems via Earlywatch Alert. In this case you activate it just by including a system into a Solution Landscape. See the note 1257308 . If this is not possible, data for productive systems can be processed at SAP.
ruth_reilly
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Giuseppe,

Please review the following SAP KBA:

1769513 - EWA not generated - session data is overdue (red flag status)

Regards,

Ruth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruth,

problem solved.

After an upgrade and migration on the managed system a new technical system was created properly and was not linked to the logical component. I have replaced it and now the EWA are running fine

Thanks

Giuseppe