Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data Check and CTM unable to read PPM for In-house production

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using SCM 7.0 EHP2 for CTM.

I am creating scenario for CTM run. As it is isolated APO system (not connected with ECC), I have created PPM directly in APO. While performing Master Data Check and CTM system is unable to read PPM for In-house production, kindly refer attached document for further details.

Following setting is already being checked:

1) CTM Global Custimisation is setup to read PPM

2) Plan Explosion field in Product-Location Master is setup to read PPM

3) Procurement Type is appropriately set for Inhouse Production.

We replicated same setup in SCM713 (connected to ECC), in that system Master Data Check and CTM were reading PPM for In-house production scenario. We compared tables in both system and found some PPM related tables (example: /sapapo/vplanppm) were available in SCM713 but not available in SCM7.0 EHP2. Not sure if extra tables were introduced in higher setup or those are because another system is integrated with ECC.

Kindly help to understand if I have missed any setup or any Note need to be implemented for using PPM in isolated system.

Thanks and regards,

Devang Shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I remember we had similar issue in 2009, it was SAP issue. Please raise OSS message, the issue was that CTM was skipping PPM and looking only PDS. Also search for SAP note it should be there.

Regards,

Anil

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just curious.  Is the PPM being selected by other engines?  Has it been assigned to the model?   Is the lot size and dates valid?

Are you running CTM in PPDS mode or SNP Mode?

Ken

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for your prompt help.

We tried Heuristic and system was picking PPM. We checked PPM and it is assigned to Model and with valid dates. No lot-size has been used.

We are using SNP mode.

Cheers,

Devang Shah

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If valid and being used by other engines, the only setting is the IMG setting which you said you already selected which is used ONLY if the product master does not have a setting and you said the product master has the Plan Explosion setting to PDS. 

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Kenneth,

We have Plan Explosion field in Product-Location Master is setup to read PPM as well as  CTM Global Custimisation is setup to read PPM. Issue is despite these settings CTM is unable to pick up defined PPM.

Thanks and regards,

Devang Shah

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thank you for your response.

Can you share some more information like how you resolved it. We have already raised OSS for this but yet no response from SAP.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Devang Shah