cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent. Alias of Odata services in PROD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have run into a problem with maintaining Aliases and assigning alias to Odata services. system asks for customizing request.

Even though i followd the blog How to Maintain SAP System Alias Entries in Productive Systems?, still i get transport request, when trying t adjust aliases and also when trying to asign alias to odata service /ui2/lauunchpad:

How to deal with this?

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

brian_zhu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dianna,

this is a common transport issue when transporting from DEV to QAS , QAS to PRD.

i recommend you to do the followings:

1) create an customizing request in DEV system.

2) locate the service in /n/iwfnd/maint_service.

3) here i suppose the service is running in the DEV system.

4) Click the button customizing

5) tick the metadata default.

6) save this and select your TR again.

7) release and import this in the QAS system.

😎 reimport this in your PRD system.

another way for you is to delete this service and re activate this service again.

the ultimate goal is to change something of this service and then the service will be stored in the TR and will be transported to QAS or PRD.

Note:

1) if the SICF service does not exist in the PRD, you need to modify the text of the service and transport that again.

2) In my case, i have 30+services not available in the Q after transport , i fixed that in this way.

thanks  a lot.

regards,

Yueqiang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, it helped

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a problem like ,I have 2 client in a same server,

like dev and test,In my dev I have configured the all and its working fine and the status also green,

when I am opening the same service in test system its showing in yellow status,

and I am seeing no  system alias has maintained to my service,

Could you please help me on this.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you import your changes(customizing Transport) successfully ?

if not, please check the answer from Yueqiang Zhu.

If you get any issue still please let us know.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Thanks guy's,

Issue resolved by using above steps.

we can use also

go to view  /IWFND/V_MGDEAM

and select your service and include in a request and move the request to target system.

Thanks

Tapan

0 Kudos

Hello Diana,

If you want to maintain system alias in PROD system .you would require PROD edit access i.e PROD system need to be put as "Client Open" (it means PROD system need to put in change mode). Always PROD system with display access only So because of this reason it is asking customizing request to add system alias. Check with BASIS team to sort out the issue.

If they agree with option "Client Open" or any other option like to edit you can add the system alias without any customizing request otherwise you have to transport it from lower levels.