Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to RFC: issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm facing an issue for a synchronous scenario: SOAP --> PI --> RFC

As you will see in the attachment of the Message Log, I'm having a "Synchronous timeout exceeded".

But I can't see why or where the message is getting a timeout.

In the meantime I saw in the Log Viewer an error (see attachment) , but that seems to happen after the timeout. Maybe this is linked to the issue

I'm suprised in that issue that it says:

Couldn't retrieve binding for...

FP=;TP=;FS=BS_MGTX_ESMERALDA_D;TS=;AN=null;ANS=null

While I created all the objects needed for this scenario in ESR and ID.

Thanks for the help,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Have you gone to the endsytem and try to execute the RFC with the same data that you are using?. Try to check if the endsystem time processing is bigger than 5 minutes, talk with the ABAP ECC developers if there is anyway to improve the RFC. Increasing the timeout time should be your last chance.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inãki,

Yes, executing the RFC is taking a couple of millisecond so the function is working well.

Best regards,

Thomas

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Are you sure that you have the right parameters in the RFC channel (if you have several mandt for example you can have a little confusion)?, have you tried to set an external breakpoint in the RFC code and to check if the call arrives to the code and if the time processing is right?. If you are using different user in the RFC channel to the user to try the RFC via se37, the code can change its behaviour.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes RFC parameters are correct. (I could see it if I enter wrong user password and then change it to correct).

One strange thing when setting a breakpoint:

- If I let the SOAP Sender channel: Quality of Service to "Best Effort": nothing comes to ECC.

- If I set the SOAP Sender channel: Quality of Service to "Exactly once": I can see the request entering in ECC.

???

Regards,

Thomas

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

The quality of service is related to your definition of the Service Interfaces, you should have BE for sync and EO for async.

Have you tried to set an external breakpoint in the RFC code, check the import parameters, and to do later F8 to execute?, in this way you can assure if the request is entering right and the time processing.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki,

Indeed and that's why for my synchronous scenario i configured as BE.

Yes that's what I just did before:

When I set the breakpoint with BE I have nothing entering ECC. When I change BE to EO then I have my request entering ECC.

Regards,

Thomas

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Please check the below link to investigate the timeout error

SAP Note 1660913 - SOAP/XI Adapter - XI.Timeout parameter support in 7.30+

SAP Note 1644846 - Parameter syncTimeout doesn't work under SOAP sender channel

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c059d583-a551-2c10-e095-eb5d95e03...

Check with firewall/network team and see any network issues between PI and the source system.

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I checked those documents but didn't help for the moment.

Firewall is working since I coud import the RFC and the RFC Channel monitoring is telling that the RFC channel is up and running.

Regards,

Thomas