cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3trans Export is appending data only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using R3trans script before refresh to export and later I am running the import script. But I observed Data which is existing get overwrite and other get appended. It is not deleting old tale records.

As I am doing this in refresh I need to do cleanup again for target system data.Also for RFC it is still showing RFC s of source system . Can anyone guide me how to write R3trans script so that while importing it will delete data from table and then It will import exported file.

I am giving sample Script which i used for this refresh.

export

client = 400

file ='SM59export310.dat'

select * from rfcattrib

select * from rfccheck

select * from rfccmc

select * from rfcdes

select * from rfcdoc

select * from rfcsysacl

select * from rfctrust

select * from rzlliclass

select * from rzllitab

select * from rfcdessecu

select * from rsecactb

export

client = 000

file ='SM59export000.dat'

select * from rfcattrib

select * from rfccheck

select * from rfccmc

select * from rfcdes

select * from rfcdoc

select * from rfcsysacl

select * from rfctrust

select * from rzlliclass

select * from rzllitab

select * from rfcdessecu

select * from rsecactb

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

spr Ptl wrote:

Hi All,

I am using R3trans script before refresh to export and later I am running the import script. But I observed Data which is existing get overwrite and other get appended. It is not deleting old tale records.

As I am doing this in refresh I need to do cleanup again for target system data.Also for RFC it is still showing RFC s of source system . Can anyone guide me how to write R3trans script so that while importing it will delete data from table and then It will import exported file.

Hi,

that is not an "standard" method to do a "refresh".

What you are doing is "putting" data out and then putting the data in. Export is not supposed to delete data, only to record it out of the database. Import is not suppose to delete data, only to putting the previous data again into the database.

Therefore, it works as designed.

I do not think it is very "clever" what you are doing as it will (probably) create inconsistencies.

if you want to do a refresh you should follow the homogeneus system copy guides, that is the supported, tested way of doing refreshs

0 Kudos

That is completely wrong, this is an standard method, which is used by SAP PCA for example, so export information from a system and import back after the refresh is a good and smart practice,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below mentioned thread and sap note.

export/import in SAP | SCN

1942 - How does R3trans work?

Regards

Prithviraj