cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup New Quality Server between development & production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I am new to BASIS. I have a task from customer to install new quality server on separate machine. Actually my client have two separate server one is Development another in Production . Now need to install new Quality system on third separate machine . My production and quality is ECC 6.0 & SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA released version is 700 with level 0014.  What step need to be follow for this ?  i have installed window server 2012 & copied media.

Please help me ..

Thanks,

Amit Sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit.

First you shoul download the install guide from SAP and read it, to understand all the pre requisites/ install steps and post steps for you installation.

If you dont do this, simple error´s, with simple corrections, could happen and you dont now how to fix then and you will loose a lot of time or do a defected installation.

All the information you need is there.

Note:

1 - Download SAP Binaries

2 - Install SAP whit the same version as DEV and PRD

3 - After that check for SP version if its lower do an upgrade to the SP version you mention above.

4 - Post steps mentioned in the Install Guide.

Regards.

Osvaldo Dias Ferreira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Osvaldo,

I need one client & data same as PRD system in quality . So client and client data will come in production system. Actually i am little bit confused .

First need to be install fresh sap system on machine with different SID and instance number. After that how data and configuration will come from production  to quality system ??

Could you please tell me step by step of procedure from starting.

Thanks,

AMit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

read my first post, what you want to do is a homogeneous system copy from PRD. This can be achieved by using standard functionalities of the SAP installer (SWPM).

1. Get install data (installation export, language export, kernel) for ECC 6.0

2. Get either a valid backup from PRD or use the system copy function of the SWPM to export your PRD database (Path in SWPM will be something like "system copy -> source system -> export")

3. Use the function "system copy -> target system -> install single system" to install a new instance and include the export/backup in the installation to get a system which has all the data and SP versions of PRD but other SID and so on...

4. MOST IMPORTANT: Get comfortable with the meanings of the words "homogeneous system copy" and read the system copy guide given in the path above thorougly before you start...

Regards

Benedikt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit.

Once SAP install finished, just do what Benedickt mentioned: Homogeneous system copy.

This will pass all the PRD data and configurations to QAL system.

Once again take a look at the docuemntation about this, all your doubts will be cleared.

Regards.

Osvaldo Dias Ferreira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what will be the most useful approach is to copy your production instance through an db export or an existing backup. This way you will have adequate test data on the quality machine and not an empty system which is not really good for testing etc and you don´t have to worry about correct support package versions on both systems. Please get some knowledge about sap system copies first, this will be a good start:

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3583752

Use the according system copy guide in every case, the description should be very detailed and help you in completing your task:

http://service.sap.com/instguides SAP Business Suite --> SAP ERP -->SAP ERP 6.0

Hope i helped!

Benedikt