Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI-File scenario: Generate file in synchronous setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have the following synchronous consume setup:

Backend R/3 -> XI/Proxy -> PI -> Soap receiver -> 3rd party webservice.

Due to some issues with the webservice communication, I want to replace the Soap receiver with a file receiver and dump the Soap XML into a file. I got the file generation working using a File adapter, but I have to send a response back to the proxy so that I don't get a communication error.

How to do that?

I have seen some articles mentioning RequestResponseBean and ResponseOneWayBean, but I cannot seem to make it work.

Best regards,

Rasmus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rasmus,

This cant be done using file adapter. RequestResponseBean and ResponseOnewayBean might help you if you had file sender adapter or in such case where you are getting response from receiver but you sender adapter is not able to help you.

If you use receiver file adapter then how will you get response from the receiver. As you will not be able to get response from receiver then there is no question to send it to the source application.

You need to create one separate interface if you can arrange some file based response file from the receiver.

Thanks,

Apu

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rasmus,

In PI 7.4 you can use bridges you should share the exception/issue that you are getting,

Another exception is to do proxy-proxy scenario with the file dealment at mapping level, in this way you can do the verification treatment that you want via java code. These blogs can you give an idea (the blogs works with file lookup that is not your case, but you can extract the idea to do the write and the verification is similar way):

File Lookup in UDF - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will take a look at your links. Thanks.

The error I get is a mapping error, since the file adapter returns nothing in the response.

Best regards,

Rasmus

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rasmus,

What is your PI version?, not all versions support bridges.

What kind of answer do you need?, do you need to know that the file has been deposited correctly?, any kind of ack?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Adapter version is 7.4.

I would like to be able to inform the backend if the file was not generated correctly.

Best regards,

Rasmus