Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira and SSO to BI Platform

Colm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good afternoon all,

Hoping I'm not the only one having difficulty with getting Lumira desktop to work with SSO.

Using 1.3 Desktop and client, all configuration steps followed but the desktop hangs after clicking connect

No error just the image below with increased PC cpu usage. Launchpad SSO works perfect.

Love to hear any ideas....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Colm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Varun and Shankar,

Yes, the documentation has been followed, Logging in via active directory works perfect, WEBI with full SSO works fine.

Just when the "Authenticate by Operating system(SSO)" is checked we have no luck logging in. Not getting an HDB 05401 error.

Is there anyway to check what username is being picked from the operating system?

Colm.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure about user name, but you could try to do high level logging and see what the logs tell you. See KBA 2220451 - High Level SAP Lumira Desktop Trace Log Files Using enabletracing.bat File - v. 2

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support

Chat with SAP Lumira Support! See KBA 2213344 - Starting a chat with SAP Support [video]

Follow us on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

shankarsgs
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Colm,

Did you place the krb5.ini and the bscLogin.conf in the respective directory on the client. You may also need to add this to the lumiradesktop.ini file

-Djava.security.auth.login.config=<Location of bscLogin.conf>\bscLogin.conf

-Djava.security.krb5.conf=<Location of Kerberos>\krb5.ini

Also on the BI Platform, configure the properties of the WACS services to include the path to both of the above files (i presume you would have already kept the file since SSO is already configured)

Let me know if this works

Regards

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Colm,

If the problem is only with the desktop, please try to uninstall and reinstall the application. You can also refer to 2220965 - How to Configure Desktop Governance in Lumira Desktop and BI Platform | SAP Knowledge Base... . This is from an older version but you can cross check the steps.

Please let me know if there are any questions or comments.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also refer the desktop governance options at the end of

Thank you,

Varun Anand