cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Clusterware HA: profile parameter SAPLOCALHOST?

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi - This question is directed to Basis administrators who use Oracle Clusterware to support high availability (HA) for SAP ABAP systems.

In my systems the database, ASCS and ERS are on the HA cluster. We notice that the ERS instance profile contains the parameter:

SAPLOCALHOST = <vipname>

However, the ASCS instance profile does not have this parameter.

Question: 

Should all instances running in the HA cluster have the SAPLOCALHOST = <vipname> parameter?

Thanks in advance - Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gvieira_basis_br_sp
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Jeff,

The parameters need not be unset in all profiles (Default / Instance).

In case your environment is "HA" Ideally if setted the name of the virtual machine so that no loss of communication on different nodes but as "localhost" also works (if all other parameters also are as "localhost").

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Guilherme and Ganesh for your responses.  I added the SAPLOCALHOST parameter to the ASCS instance profile and it seems to be working fine.

fyi - I raised this question because our support package update (using SUM 16) failed when comparing sapcontrol GetSystemInstanceList output to the file names in the profile directory.

The sapcontrol output showed the ASCS hostname as the 1st RAC node server (not the vip) but the ASCS profile name contained the vip.  SUM version 16 does not like that...

Now, with SAPLOCALHOST added, sapcontrol shows the hostname as the vip.  We will test SUM next week but I think all will be fine.

Cheers!  Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Our system has SAPLOCALHOST mentioned in profile with virtual host name for each host including ASCS hosts

however our ERS profile does not have mention of saplocalhost parameter

*Use virtual host name I believe and have the parameter

success!!

Ganesh