cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Signature on COA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

Can you please tell me how can we bring the digital signature given for UD (Usage Decision) for particular inspection lot on COA.? COA should print with Digital Signature. Where can we do this mapping/config.?

Regards,

Sk. Subhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer the document as below.

This document explain digital signature in SAP very well.

Also, please let us know, If you are looking for anything else.

Regards,

Dipeshkumar Bhavsar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dipesh,

Thanks for your reply. Actually i am looking for COA (Certificate of Analysis) should contain this digital signature. While taking the print we need the Digital Signature to be in the print sheet which we given at the time of UD. How can we add the digital signature in COA?

Regards,

Sk. Subhan

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhan,

Are you using custom SMARTFORM or the Standard certificate profile?

If you are using custom SMARTFORM then it is very easy to get signature on the form with ABAP help. Even for standard certificate profile ABAP can help.

Regards,

Dipeshkumar Bhavsar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dipesh,

We are using standard smart form only. I kept taking ABAP help as a last option. I want to understand that weather can we achieve that through standard or need to go a head with technical only?

Regards,

Sk. Subhan

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhan,

I think it should be possible to capture the digital signature in standard certificate. But, I really do not have any idea on "how". Let the community reply on the same.

But, I am sure that you will have to take help from ABAP to change the script form which is being used in your current certificate profile.

Regards,

Dipeshkumar Bhavsar

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sheik,

At high level - I think, we are talking about two different parts of Digital Signature for RR/UD and COA. If it's already done as explained in the attachment, then the record will reflect in DSLOG or DSAL report.

If you wish to create a COA and wish to add digital signature against it, then you first need to extend or create a new application area for QCERT and create custom signature object, and then proceed ahead. Once this is achieved, then as soon as you create a QC in QC20/21/22, then digital signature popup can come up, and you can print it with digital signature. And make sure your print output also captures this Digital Signature information in the form.

But to my understanding this is duplicate work, as the MIC parameters were already verified by RR/UD verifying authority with digital signature (if activated). So, you may wish to collect that information, and just get this printed in your QC. If this is the part you are looking for, please work again with your ABAP team, to pull out these data form DSLOG for UD and get it displayed in your form output.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dipesh,

Thanks. Will wait for other team members suggestions.

Regards,

Sk. Subhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arijit,

Thanks for your response. Exactly what i am looking for is below.

1) Lot Created

2) RR completed.

3) While doing UD it asks for Digital Signature. Example given as xxxxxx as a Digital Signature.

4) Now when user try to take print of COA, the print should contains the xxxxxx in it. COA will be taken by some other user but print should contains UD persons name which means Digital Signature.

I hope it is clear my requirement.

Regards,

Sk. Subhan

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sheik,

If you already have activated digital signature for UD, and no UD change entry is available in QAVE table, then pick the user ID for UD code in the COA form. If someone has changed the initial UD applied, then use user ID for change is code form QAVE table.

Thanks,

Arijit

Message was edited by: Arijit Banerjee