cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Large Messages in PI Adapter Engine

0 Kudos

We wanted to set a size protection limit for large messages in our adapter engine and I came across messaging system queue functionality.

We're planning to implement the below configurations but we have to know first if the below configurations are used only for ICO?

NWA Configuration > Infrastructure > Java System Properties > Services > XPI Service: Messaging System

Configurations

1. a. messaging.largemessage.enabled

TRUE

1. a. messaging.largemessage.threshold

10 MB

1. a. messaging.largemessage.permits

1. a. messaging.largemessage.blacklistXLMessage

TRUE

1. a. messaging.largemessage.queueTypes

Send,Recv

Or are there other features in PI 7.31 SPS14 wherein we can prioritize /isolate large messages in adapter engine?

Let us know your inputs/thoughts on this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marvin,

these parameters are effective not only on ICO scenarios but also on classical ones (dual stack scenarios). Please also read this note: 1727870

It is also a good option to have decentral adapter engines and run the scenarios which handles large messages only on that dedicated AE.

On the ABAP stack there is also an option to create separate queues for large messages. Note: 817820

Best Regards,

Viktor

0 Kudos

Hi Viktor,

We'll be implementing a 300mb size protection in the integration engine. Does this mean that we also need to have the configuration in the adapter engine in 300mb?

For example:

3mb threshold x100permits or

10mb thresholdx30permits

Or it's recommended to stick on the default size provided by SAP w/c is 100mb (10mb threshold x10 permits)?

Also, should the configuration for messaging.largemessage.queueTypes always with a value of Send,Recv?

Thanks a lot for the help.

former_member204100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marvin,

i think it is a good idea to keep the message size limit on the AE and IE in sync.

Regarding to the queue types:

I think it should be possible to define Call and Rqst queues as well, but i haven't tried it yet.

Br.

Viktor

0 Kudos

Hi Viktor,

Thanks a lot for always providing your input on this.

If we set the value of messaging.largemessage.queueTypes to Send,Recv, will this cover the ICO and dual stack processing of messages? Or we also need to set a valid queue types for ICO scenario?

Thanks!

former_member204100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marvin,

i think there is no need to create separate settings to cover the ICO scenarios too.

In my opinion both the classical and ICO scenarios will use this large message handling that way.

Br.

Viktor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marvin,

Please refer the below blog

and help page - Properties Related to Large Message Handling - Configuring Process Integration After Installation - ...

regards,

Harish