Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Message Monitoring.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

GM All,

I received an alert saying:

Failed to delete file 'ZXYZ.txt' after processing. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 Unexpected reply codeZXYZ.txt: Permission denied'. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.",

and when I opened corresponding message id in message monitor, I saw the file successfully delivered, but still showing an error: Not sure whether this still need to be considered or ignored...if need to be considered then please let me know how can it be resolved...fyi it is ftp to ftp scenario with out ESR objects.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

as i see you mentioned now 2 errors:

- FTPEx: 550 Unexpected reply codeZXYZ.txt: Permission denied'

- and on the screenshot the DuplicateMessageException

I think that the first problem : the "Unexpected reply code" is the most important one.

It is like the user with you logged into the FTP server does not have enough roles assigned to write the file...or something similar?? Please check also the FTP server side logs. Hopefully you will see more details there.

Best Regards,

Viktor

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Raghu and Viktor.

The issue been resolved.

While processing the file, in between FTP server got disconnected and due to that I have received the above mentioned alert. and the ftp channel unable to complete the process and keeps on trying to generate the same message ID, although it already finished processing the message, due to this i received error in message monitoring. resolution is to delete the file manually existing in the folder or move the file to other folder or rename the file

Viktor, I have a question for you, you asked to check the FTP server side logs, Could you please guide me how to do that?

Regards,

Vijay.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

For Checking FTP side log,Contact your FTP vendor.

And for checking the files in FTP connect to the FTP server folders using Filezilla or WINSCP.

former_member204100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

as Raghuraman mentioned you will find the FTP logs on the FTP server side - and for this you will need to contact the administrator of the FTP server.

Best Regards,

Viktor

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Talk to your basis or network team. The problem is in the user ID you are using in PI Sender CC to connect to your FTP Server.

The user don't have enough authorization to delete the file from the path . Make sure it has modification access.

Thanks,

Apu

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

The file has been placed in the FTP directory?

Try re-configuring the channel once.