cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is Type of EWM Production Integration defined?

peter_schmidt4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we would like to use Production Integration with EWM but we are not sure which type of Integration we should use yet:

• Delivery Based Production Supply or
  • Advanced Production Integration (with PMRs)

Actually we have customized our sandbox warehouse for the use of PMRs. Now we intend to test the delivery based way but we do not find customizing path to switch between both types.

Kind regards,

Peter.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no switch actually, respectively the switch is the control cycle. It either says "EWM-Staging", then it is with PMRs, or "pick part" or "release order part", then you work with deliveries.

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

I have question for you. It is not related to this particular thread.

Since I am beginner in EWM and dont have much knowledge.

How to transfer or integrate the data which is in WM (ERP) to EWM? like by using CIF (CFM1) we are integrating EWM with plant, material, storage location etc.

How to go ahead with the client who do not have WM, but want to have EWM, consider as green field implementation

Is there any link where I can get the information

With best regards,

Saleel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saleel,

If there is already WM then you can transfer all the data to EWM, there are migration tools/techniques available in ECC and EWM.

In case of greenfield implementation you can define your warehouse structure as per client requirements and layout of the warehouse. Then stocks can be uploaded into EWM system.

Through CIF only master data is replicated from ECC to EWM.

Regards

Anoop S

0 Kudos

Hi Anoop,

Thanks for the reply.

My point with respect to green field implementation is that, is it necessary to implement or configure WM first and then go for EWM?

With best regards,

Saleel

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, Anoop has answered your question. But I want to add: if you don't know what to do, there is documentation you should definitely read and use. Tons of solution manager documentation can be found in the service market place https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_HIER_KEY=701100035871000439550&_FRAME=CONTAINER.

(you need a S-user for this).

Brgds

Juergen

0 Kudos

Juergen,

I understand that. I am configuring the EWM system on training server, the system is already configured by other consultant but his help is not available, I am creating my own structure. Since there is already one logical system, do i need to create another one for my own structure and need to assign to client?

With best regards,

Saleel

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you do not need to create one more logical system and link with client, doing so will cause issue in system integrations and it will impact other people's settings as well what they have done. There can only be one logical system linked to one client. If everyone create their own logical system and change the assignment to client then it will never work and will keep changing always.

Avoid such things, you can use existing settings for system integrations. RFC connections, Logical systems, Business Systems etc.

Regards

Anoop S

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing one issue, I tried to get information through SCN, but could not resolve the issue.

Error: Could not determine ERP stock data for 201 0000309000 F1

Here 201 is EWM managed warehouse, 000309000 is Vendor Code, What is F1?

Kindly guide to resolve the issue.

Thanks and regards,

Saleel Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Saleel,

F1 is stock type in EWM, it seems you have not mapped stock types in EWM for your warehouse.

BR

Anoop

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saleel,

No you do not need those configuration settings in ECC-WM, those will be done in EWM. The structure need to be defined in EWM only. in ECC you need to just create  WM number which will be used to link to EWM warehouse using plant and sloc. You also need to configure your shipping and receiving points in ECC then later on need to be transferred to EWM.

BR

Anoop S

0 Kudos

Thanks Anoop for valuable information, now tell me how can assign your reward points, this SCN is new for me, after a long time I am using SCN

With best regards,

Saleel

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is ok Saleel, thanks.

you can like someones comments or you can select as helpful answer or you can choose Correct Answer to award them points if your issue get fixed with the provided approach.

BR
Anoop S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saleel,

No you do not need to configure WM settings first for EWM implementation. All you need is a WM number, you need to define a warehouse number only DO NOT COPY all configurations of warehouse only requires a WM number which will be used to link with your plant and storage locations and then in integration settings this will be linked with EWM warehouse. by default when you create a warehouse number in ECC it will be a local in ECC, but when you have EWM then you can change the local WM setting to SAP Extended Warehouse Managed.

BR
Anoop S

0 Kudos

Thanks Anoop,

I have configured MM org structure and along with that, made configuration of Logistic Execution, where in i configured WM No, shipping point and also the respective part of assignment. Do i need to carry out Logistic Execution where in we define master data, strategies, etc, because I have separate server for EWM

With best regards,

Saleel