cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the node hop?

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone explain me what is the meaning of the node hop created in SOAP document? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks. I have a problem with message ID. The message ID inside hop node is getting referred. So anyone can please tell me to make that skip the message ID and refer the ID inside the main node.

former_member204100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhivya,

it is the hop list you are asking about, right?

This is useful to track which systems were handling the particular message, and so for example in case of acknowledgement handling the system will see to which system it should send the reply or ACK message back.

Best Regards,

Viktor

mate_moricz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhivya,

Check out SOAP Message Transmission Optimization Mechanism at W3C:

"Use of the Abstract SOAP Transmission Optimization Feature is a hop-by-hop contract between a SOAP node and the next SOAP node in the SOAP message path, providing no mandatory convention for optimization of SOAP transmission through intermediaries. The feature does provide optional means by which binding implementations MAY choose to facilitate the efficient pass-through of optimized data contained within headers or bodies relayed by an intermediary (see 2.3.4 Binding Optimizations at Intermediaries). Additional specifications might also be written to provide for other optimized multi-hop capabilities, perhaps building on the mechanisms provided herein."

Basically the idea is to this way you don't restrict or limit the SOAP messages processing to point-to-point communication because the SOAP messages can go through many intermediaries.

Regards,

Mate

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhivya,

The hop is node references the systems which the message has passed.

Regards.