cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Alerts to Distribution List using CBMA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently using PI 7.31 SP8. We have configured CBMA to raise alerts using Local consumer. Alerts are working fine when we use individual mail ID in the task.

But when we are specifying the Distribution List inside the task the alerts are not hitting the same and no mail received by the DL.

Is there any way by which we can trigger alert to a specific DL in standard process or we are missing something in config. ?

Please suggest.

Br,

Shib.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shib,

i suspect you are using java mail client to send out the emails, right?

If this is not working for DLs than i would advise to look into the :

- default trace file of the java engine

- and into the trace of the Mail server

At the time when the job was running you should find some errors there if the sending was failing.

Also it is a question if the job is failing or not? Do you see it in error status?

Best Regards,

Viktor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes we are using Java mail client for sending out Alert mails and when I look into the job log for DL, I dint get any error message rather it is showing 1 alert is successfully processed.

Could it be a issue in Java mail client for not recognizing the DL.

Br,

Shib.

former_member204100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shib,

good question...i haven't seen problems with DLs so far.

And do you see something on the mail server end? If you look into the logs for the time period when the alert job was finish than do you find something there?

Best Regards,

Viktor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viktor,

Actually no failure in trace. Please see the screen shot.

former_member204100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shib,

this is the log about the java engine.

But what logs can you find in the mail server? Please contact the administrator of that mail server in order to find out if there are any connection attampts from PI side and if they can find some errors in the given time period.

Br.

Viktor

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

PLease check this