cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How message id changes?

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

There is a change in the message id when I send the message from SAP to another end. Please con someone explain me why this happens? Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhivya!

I guess message ID can be changed in case of multiple receivers or in case of message split (1:N mapping).

In such cases PI creates messages with new ID's assigned to it.

In case of multiple receivers you can use DynamicConfigurationBean in Sender channel to store original message ID in the adapter-specific message header which is copied to every new message header.

Regards, Evgeniy.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks, But what is the reason that the other messages sent through the same channels have original message id except for some in which the original message id is in hop list and newly created in main. How to make the ID in hop to be the main.

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please look for RefMessgeID or ConversationID. One of that parameters should contain your original message id.

If we talk about receiver channels, it can process messages from different senders using different integration scenarios. In one case channel gets original message with or without transformations, in other - copy of original message. It depends on routing conditions.

Regards, Evgeniy.

0 Kudos

Is it in the payload or SOAP document?

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To support complex communication procedures as simple request/response mechanisms, the sender is provided with the optional ConversationID tag for each message. All messages with the same ConversationID belong to the same communication procedure or integration process.

RefToMessageID is the MessageID of a previous message that is referenced by the current message. In the case of a synchronous response, RefToMessageID must be set to the message ID of the referenced message.

These tags can be found in XI Message Header.

Parts of an XI Message - SAP NetWeaver Exchange Infrastructure - SAP Library

Regards, Evgeniy.

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I need to send the message to another system, there it arrives with a different message id so if we need to search for it using the message id it is not possible.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dhivya,

In PI you can search for the particular message based with Service Interface and timestamp details.

You mean to say message ID in PI and third party system are different?

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Yes. Exactly

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhivya,

In the SAP system landscape, SAP PI  and SAP ECC the message-id doesn't change (Parts of an XI Message - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration - SAP Library), right now i have checked several own examples and it works in this way.What is your scenario? and in which kind of system are you checking the message-id?

Regards.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dhivya,

This is a normal behaviour,

As I suggested in PI you can search with Interface,timestamp or with any data.

0 Kudos

Hi

To be clear, the message which is sent from PI gets the change when it reaches another system.

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

It is ok with PI, But when sent to another system, we need to provide message ID, So it becomes difficult in such cases.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dhivya,

But I dont think there is any mechanism to control the message ID generation from PI over the Target system.

What is your target system?

If not message ID,You can give them the timestamp at which message is delivered.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dhivya,

Message ID will change for each message,This is a normal behaviour as it is a unique identifier for messages.

What do you mean by message ID is changing?for the same message or different one?