Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration Wizard - Master password error

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am doing the post-processing steps after a migration of a NetWeaver 7.4 system.

I wanted to execute the functional unit for BI Java automatic configuration under:

http://hostname:port/sld/fun

But I am getting the following error:

Validation error:Master password policy error:error during policy check

I was checking and found Note 2272433 from April 2016, but when I try to implement it, it says, that the note

can't be implemented 😞

Please kindly advise on how to proceed! Many thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Symon,

Try to import SP for mentioned Java component:

Using tools mentioned below:

1921719 - How to deploy same version of software/development component into java system via telnet command for 7.1x onwards java system

1641062 - Single component update and patch scenarios in SUM

Regards,

Ning

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ning,

this would take too much time.

Additionally, for Java, SAP strongly disapproves deploying individual packages

and advises to only apply entire Support Package Stacks.

Thank you!

amylv
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Symon,

Are you running 7.4 release with Support Package Stacks(SP) level that does not have fix in that SAP Note? If YES, indeed you need to apply SP for entire system. If you are running SP09, SP12, SP13, apply the patch level for LMCFG and its decency software component should be enough.

Regards,

Amy

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Amy,

the system is currently at SP10. Kindly advise what exactly to do in this case ?

Many thanks!

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Also, please kindly advise where to get the patch ? I decided to have a look at the Marketplace, but there is no LM configuration under support packages and patches and no hit results when searching for it. The new design of the Marketplace is so cool, I can't find nothing and nothing works (i.e. searching for SAP notes comes always back with 0 results !!! ) Thank you!

amylv
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Symon,

Follow SAP Note 1887108 to make sure no special characers is used in password that you put in wizard(try with only upder and lower case..etc). For example: special character like &, <, > ...etc

If still fail with same error, then raise incident to SAP asking for fix of SP10, otherwise update entire system to higher SP.

Regards,

Amy

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amy,

thank you for this as well. I have tried a password without special characters,

unfortunately it didn't help either...

As obviously noone else was able to provide a solution, I'll try to rever to SAP...