cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP Adapter not working in HCI using User/Password Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mentors,

Now as we have option of user/password authentication for SFTP adapter in  SAP HCI , i was trying to test this new feature but i am getting below error after deploying integration project.

[CAMEL][IFLOW][ERROR] : Integration flow failed.

[CAMEL]IFLOW]EXCEPTION] : org.osgi.service.blueprint.container.ComponentDefinitionException: Error when instantiating bean OC_SNDR_SFTP_SNDR_OC_configurator of class null

[CAMEL][IFLOW][CAUSE] : Cause: com.sap.it.nm.types.NodeManagerException: [NodeCommon][CONTENT][ErrorRetrievingArtifactFromCloudStorage]:Retrieving known.hosts from cloud storage failed due to com.sap.cloud.crypto.keystore.api.KeyStoreNotFoundException: Keystore with name: 'known.hosts', for tenant: 'XXXXXX' is not found neither in the cloud (domain db) nor in the local (file) storage

By error it looks like it is not able to find the Credential in Key-store but the credentials with same have been deployed in our  HCI tenant .

Please let me know if any one tried this new feature and is it really working .

Eclipse used : Mars 5.2 VS

Reference Blog : http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2016/05/25/enhanced-sftp-adapter-capabilitie...

Thanks

Ankit kesarwani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Known_Hosts file is not deployed on your server.

The Known_Hosts file is required to make sure that this SFTP Server is accepted by your HCI Tenant. This is required irrespective of Basic Authentication or Key Based Authentication.

Check section: SSH / SFTP, Known_Hosts and Your Keystore in my Blog :

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks a lot for clarifying !!

I have a doubt that why do we need Known_host file in case of Basic authentication , earlier we only had the option public key authentication for SFTP adapter in HCI in this case   it is acceptable that we need known_Host file for authentication .

Since now we have the option of User/Password , why do we need the Known_Host file for authentication as it will we are already giving the Password .

In case we need known_Host file for both type of authentication then still the SFTP server which are only capable of User/Password authentication will not be able to take the benefit of HCI .

Thanks in Advance !

Sriprasadsbhat
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

(http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2016/04/25/video-tutorials-on-sap-hana-clou...

Hello Amith,

Above Video tutorial on working of SFTP in SAP HCI might help you with your query.

Regards,

Sriprasad Bhat

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • Known hosts file has nothing to do with authentication mechanism. Known hosts as the name implies tells HCI that is SFTP server is trusted and can be connected to
  • Known hosts file has to be created as listed in my blog and deployed on your tenant.
  • The step to load your private key on your keystore and deploy the same is not required in the case of basic authentication.
bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To add, if you are from a PI background, the SFTP adapter of PI requires you to put the server thumb print on the channel. The known hosts file is similar to that where the public key of the Sftp server is stored to validate the server and confirm it is a valid connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Bhavesh for the Clarification !!

Answers (0)