SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Income Donation - Post receivable as Statistical item

former_member257418
Participant
0 Kudos

We are planning to implement Low income donation program , where the customers can voluntarily contribute additional amount with their bill payment as donation towards low income group. We are planning to set up separate Main/Sub transaction for posting  these donations (Debit) to CA . But we would like to post them as statistical items (Similar to Security Deposit requests ) as they are voluntary & our financial dept does not want them to be treated as Account receivable.

Though I am to post the debit to CA , when i try to post the credit amount through payment lot , the system does not allow me to post. From what i am understanding the Main/Sub i have defined have to be mapped to Main/Sub Internal transaction that represents statistical item. But I am having a challenging time understanding the concept. I see the following statistical item types in the system.

A    Down Payment Request

B    Quotation

G    Other statistical receivable (charges,interest)

H    Cash Security Deposit Request

I    Down Payment Request from Invoicing

J    Payment Request from Invoicing

K    Correspondence Request

R    Installment Plan Item

S    Collective Bill Item

P    Budget Billing Plan Item

Q    Expected withholding tax deduction

T    Statisitcal receivable for other taxes

I have the following questions :

• Is there a internal mapping of statistical keys to internal transaction.
  • Can you add to internal Main/Sub Transaction & would this have impact on the system.

Appreciate if anyone can throw any ideas as to how to go about it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

In addtion to 1010, you need to mainatin posting area 0050 as well.

The configuration of Posting area 0050 only come into place, where SAP hasn't given a per-defined real transaction,like for Security Deposit payments, event 0050 is not required.

If statistical line item cleared as per the above configuration it will posted to the real GL as assigned in event 0050.

For all statistical transactions that you have configured the real transaction in 1010, then you

have to maintain the GL account for the real transaction in Posting area 0050 (Revenue from Charges/Interest for Clrg Stat. Receivable.

In your scenario,since you are using a custom main/sub combination to post the charges, you have to configure the posting area 0050.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Using posting area 1010 you maintain your mapping for statistical to non statistical.  Then when they are paid, they should adopt the new posting data.

As to your questions, no and no.  But i think that they are not relevant to your problem.

0 Kudos

Thanks Will

You are right the internal main/sub  transaction are not relevant to the issue. Appreciate for pointing me in the right direction.

I maintained the settings as you recommended & it solved most of the issue. The only issue remaining is it posts to GL for Account receivable instead of  GL created for Donations. I am assuming i have to do further changes as suggested by Amlan.

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

In addtion to 1010, you need to mainatin posting area 0050 as well.

The configuration of Posting area 0050 only come into place, where SAP hasn't given a per-defined real transaction,like for Security Deposit payments, event 0050 is not required.

If statistical line item cleared as per the above configuration it will posted to the real GL as assigned in event 0050.

For all statistical transactions that you have configured the real transaction in 1010, then you

have to maintain the GL account for the real transaction in Posting area 0050 (Revenue from Charges/Interest for Clrg Stat. Receivable.

In your scenario,since you are using a custom main/sub combination to post the charges, you have to configure the posting area 0050.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan

Thanks for the detailed response.

I maintained the postings in 1010 as suggested by you & Will

& it solved part of the issue.

The only issue remains is posting to GL created for Donations. Currently it is posting to GL for Account receivable after transfer to GL. I compared the FICA posting for deposits & Donations & they look identical. The only difference i observe is after transfer to GL. For deposits it posts to GL created for deposits. From your response  I am assuming the changes  for event 0050 will address this.

Is this configuration or do we have to write custom code in event 0050 by enhancing ISU_EVENT_0050_AR ?

Appreciate your advice.

Regards

Satish

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Its not event 0050, its posting area 0050, where you need to configure the Main Tr/Sub Tr based on the Company Code/Div/AD ID combination.

Apologies for the typo.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

HI Amlan

Appreciate if you can point me to config node ...

The only place i could find posting area 0050 was in this node , but i don't see  anywhere i can enter Main/sub & other details.

Regards

Satish

0 Kudos

that is the spot. You might need to choose Goto> select keys to expose all of the possible determination fields.

0 Kudos

Thanks Will. Was able to complete the config .

However still see the same issue. I have selected down payment A as the statistical key. Would this be the cause of posting to AR GL..

I have defined the GL in account determination similar to Security deposits

Also i have configured  the posting area area 0050 as under:

But I still see the amount posted to AR GL  110101

The one thing observe when i am creating the Debit doc using FPE1 is the AR GL

I am guessing that this has something to do with posting to AR GL...

Appreciate if you can let me know what i am missing.

Regards

Satish

0 Kudos

First - it should not be set as a down payment.  I would suggest stat key G.  and no restriction should be set in posting area 1010.

Second - it wont post to the 206000 until you pay the debit item.

try those changes.

0 Kudos

Thanks Will

That solved the problem.

I had selected G initially but changed it to A when in the Account Assignments for Down Payments/Charges screen , it gave me a error stating that both 5000/3800 & 5000/3900 should have the same posting type (debit or credit) for statistical type G. In my mind , i was looking at payment as credit & hence went to statistical type A.

One final question

This is the posting i get after transfer to GL. If you see the highlighted entries , it basically an equivalent debit/credit posting to AR GL. Is this correct behavior?. The reason I am asking this is postings related to security deposit, i do not see any postings to AR GL.

I do understand that these postings will not have impact on AR GL , curious to know the behavior.

Thanks a lot for your valuable guidance.