Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Collection Formula to find average of DC Entries

former_member229176
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In one of the reqirements, I need to find average of Data Collection entries.

For Example: Data Collection Parameetr Name: WEIGHT (Required Entry = 1 , Optioal Entry: 10)

Now for Data Collection Parameetr AVG_WEIGHT, I would like to find out the average of the WEIGHT data collection parameter.

How can I achieve that?

Regards,

Soham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Soham

I assume you want the AVG_WEIGHT to be a calculated parameter, stored with the data collection?

If so, I asked a similar question some time ago, directly to the developers.So when you create a formula script, you can reference the WEIGHT parameter, but this returns the first required value only - there is no way of addressing the optional entries from within the standard formula scripting unfortunately. You could create a second DC Group that calculates the average from the stored WEIGHT parameters in the database, but this may not suit your process. 

Stuart

former_member229176
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Stuat.

What I can do is I can create AVG_WEIGHT Data Colelction parameter of formula type. In the script, I can write a query to find out the average of WEIGHT parameters entered. Then execute the query to get the value.

Do you know in which table values of WEIGHT DC parameter gets stored and how can I access that?

Regards,

Soham

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Soham

You will find this in parametric_measure (or ar_parametric_measure if you have set the system rules to store data collection results in ODS).

Stuart

Answers (0)