cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Data Archiving - Reading archived data in custom abap program

former_member204733
Participant
0 Kudos

We do SAP data archiving and have the need to include the archived data in some custom abap programs.

I know it is possible, as many standard SAP transactions do display the archived data, and we are maintaining the infostrucutures to index it, but I can not find instructions or a program template that gives a good example of actually finding the correct infostructure table name, and following the "address" that is stored in the archiving tables to actually read the record from the repository.  And this would need to be for various data objects. 

Does anyone know where any program examples and programming documentation is for this process?   SAP no longer is scheduling the class for ADK programming.  

We are on ECC 6.04, and do not have ILM.  We use an OpenText (formerly IXOS) repository to store the files of archived data.

Ruth Jones

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SebSchmitt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ruth,

I just had a brief discussion with a colleague from Archiving and he recommended to use the functional module AS_API_READ for reading the data from the archived information system. This functional module is well documented in the system.

Please address further questions related to ILM or Archiving in this SCN Forum

Best regards,

Sebastian Schmitt

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member204733
Participant
0 Kudos

To add a specific access we are looking for.   The business wants to be able to have a report of the detail costs, by operation / work center, from the archived shop orders.  PP_ORDER.   And none of the standard displays for the archived shop orders individually even seem to show the detail costs that you can get to in for a shop order (when it is archived.)    And the routines I have found so far do not included those tables either.

former_member204733
Participant
0 Kudos

Mario, Sebastian, 

Both of those are very helpful.  I had seen the AS_API_READ in the code in VA03, when it goes to read from the archive.. but... it doesn't seem to easily show everywhere.  Like not in ME23N.. with a FIND. 

And AS_AFB was a new transaction too me.    So I need to add that to our roles.  I found I could get the data there to test some of the other display data function modules found in AIND_STR5 table.  Which was another interesting result  (that looks like VA03 or ME23N.).

Just wondering if there is any more advice out there?    

We would really not want to "display" the data as individual records, as much as bring it back INTO program logic, that would continue on to process it with other data.

And I suppose the function modules using the AS_API_READ and subsequent ARCHIVE_READ_OBJECT or ARCHIVE_GET_TABLE can do that.  

Ruth

MarioDeFelipe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ruth

We normally see the archive data through transaction AS_AFB

this uses programs LAS_AFBP*, you can take a look.