cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Resource Consumption (Fixed)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

inside PDS when mode is exploded, capacity requirements tab open up. I can see value 1 under tab continuous resource consumption (Fixed). but the value under Continuous Resource Consumption (Variable) is still 0 although my resource has both fixed and variable duration ? What is the significance of these tabs ?

Regards

Alin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Alin,

Continuous Consumption (Fixed) gives you the number of capacities that will be consumed throughout the entire duration of the mode.

Example: you have a mode with variable duration of 765s and continuous consumption (fixed) = 1. If you create an order for quantity 3, the net processing time of the activity will be 2295 and throughout this period 1 capacity of the resource will be consumed.

On the other hand, if you were to have a fixed duration for the activity, it could make sense to have a variable continuous consumption e.g. the higher the order quantity, the more capacities are consumed within the same period of time. I haven't seen customers using this setup in APO.

Regards,

Tiago

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tiago,

thanks for the response !

the continuous consumption (Variable) is not clear, what can I do to make it 1 in PDS ? then I can test the system on the behavior difference of the both ?

Regards

Alin

0 Kudos

Hi Alin,

The fixed and variable durations and the corresponding capacity consumptions in the PDS are calculated based on the formulas informed in Scheduling tab of the Work Center (transaction CR02). Possibly if a scheduling formula for Processing results in a fixed duration for the mode in APO, it will have variable resource consumption. e.g. the duration is fixed, so to produce more units capacity consumption must be increased.

Regards,

Tiago