Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message no. M7184

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Gurus

I have an issue,

We use non valuated sales order stock method for delivering the replacement to the customer. It is a part of the contract to send replacement if it is within warranty.

Now I created a replacement line item in the sales order.

But when I did an outbound delivery system gave the error message

Message no. M7184.

So I did t code MIGO and used 412 E to move the stock from unrestricted to sales order and then delivered.

User strongly object to this method because they want to issue from sales -Delivery and PGI.

They do not want to do MIGO with 412 E instead, directly when they do outbound delivery

Dr. Consumption or cost of sales with Sales order is the cost object and Cr. Inventory.

Is this possible?

Rather direct issue or consumption of material through sales order without going through the process of 412 E.-Is that possible

I need to get a response ASAP if possible

Regards

Revathi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus

Any update?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva

The following actual message I got when I did PGI.

Revathi

Sales order stock 40001XXXXX 010000 does not exist

Message no. M7184

Diagnosis

For sales order 40001XXXXX, item 010000, no sales order stock of the material exists in plant 3020, storage location XXXX.

Procedure

Make sure your entries are correct.

Do you want to display the stock overview?

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the actual Text displayed for this error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva

I enclose the screen shot for your ref.

My requirement is simple.

I need to send a replacement to the customer, since this is part of warranty terms.

So I send the goods to customer either from refurbished or good ones depends upon the availability of items in stock.

I use non valuated sales order method only and not valuated sales order method, so sales order is the cost object and I collect costs and settle them to PSG.(This is from CO view point)

My sales order will look as follows:

10000 DR_Adv_Unit_Replace -Sales order is the cost object in the Account Assignment tab

10100 E123434 (this is the item to be repaired-received from the customer through VRRE)

10200 E123777 to be sent as replacement

Now when I send out 10200 through Delivery and then do Post Goods Issue, I got the following error that sales order does not exist.

But when I went and performed 412 E through T code MIGO, and then went back and did PGI , it was successful.

Requirement:

Can I avoid doing MIGO step,  I like to issue material directly from Sales Order to delivery and PGI against the sales order as the cost object. Without 412 E it was not able complete the my PGI.

Revathi.