cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files being picked and processed with interval of 2 secs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Lot of files are being pushed to 3rd party's SFTP server and our SFTP channel is picking the files with default settings in channel. Files are being processed and deleted in every around 2 secs - due to which few files keep lying there for 3-4 mins, which is causing issues in process.

Can anybody guide me as to how can we make this process faster?

Thanks.

SM.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sumeet,

Try increasing the polling interval in SFTP Sender channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghuraman,

Interval right now is 60 secs - Do you means increasing it to something like 120 secs.

Thought channel picks files and process them at the interval of 2 secs approx. Is this the standard behavior SFTP channel shows and can't be changed?

Thanks.

SM.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the Interval is 60 secs it will poll for every sec and look out for new files every 60 secs.

Try increasing and see how it behaves.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumeet,

• The SFTP adapter will list the files in the directory which is specified in the channel
  • It will get the list of file names and put it in a list
  • Loop through each file and create the message and send it to Messaging System.
  • Delete the file from the directory if you configure in the channel
  • I think so each file to read and process the file and delete the file took 2 seconds
  • But the adapter will poll every 60 seconds and get all the files which are present in the directory and process the files.
  • I think based on the size of the file, adapter is taking 2 seconds for each file processing, this you cannot configure and you cannot change.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen.

Makes sense, but file size is only 3 KB. Still it is taking 2 secs to process which is strange.

Any advice?

Thanks.

SM.